Overall responsibility of the Lawyer / Legal Counselor is the organization and implementation of ALSDO (Protection and Legal Support for Women and Children)
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Lawyer / Legal Counselor will be responsible for the specific legal and counseling activities of the Project at the provincial level. S/he will be performing the following tasks:
- Provide free legal information, counseling and assistance to Returnees, IDPs and a small percentage of locals consistent with the applicable laws and procedures, including timely and appropriate follow-up, etc.
- Provide legal advice and counseling to clients in departments of women affairs, police administrations, prosecution departments, and other relevant departments;
- Conduct legal training and public awareness workshops in civil rights and Law on Elimination of Violence Against Women (LEVAW);
- Always respect the anonymity of clients approaching ALSDO and the confidentiality of information received from them;
- Bring legal problems of clients to the attention of relevant departments.
- Development of innovative solutions to meet the changing needs of beneficiaries and program priorities;
- Be constantly updated on legislation and legal developments in Afghanistan and ensure that project employees are informed of such development;
- Maintain and update hard copy files of documents and pleadings in individual cases.
- Participate in mobile teams, when scheduled.
- Participate in preparing monthly reports, thematic reports, and correspondence with government officials and international organizations as per project requirements.
- Represent ALSDO in sub-national, national and internal meetings, when requested.
- Any other duty assigned by the Legal Coordinator, Regional Manager, or ALSDO Senior Management.
Afghanistan Legal and Social Development Organization (ALSDO) is a non-governmental organization founded and incorporated in 2006 with registered under the Afghanistan nonprofit Organization NGO’s law. Afghanistan Legal and Social Development Organization is working to contribute to society’s well-being to establish an institutionalized system of Legal rights, Human rights, and social development by emphasizing responsible citizenship. ALSDO was formed with the vision of contributing towards the sustainable and inclusive development of underprivileged communities of marginalized areas of Afghanistan. ALSDO thematic areas include legal and human rights, advocacy, emergency repose, livelihood, and food security, social and environmental development in Afghanistan.
At the forefront of the human rights and social development movement, The Afghanistan Legal and Social Development Organization works to change systems and conditions that cause human rights abuses. We fight injustice and improve laws and lives throughout Afghanistan while representing individual victims of human rights violations. For more than a decade of humanitarian efforts, our innovative programming has changed refugees’ lives, internally displaced people, immigrants, women, children, and other vulnerable and marginalized communities in Afghanistan.
To promote the rule of law, Afghanistan’s Legal and Social Development Organization concentrates on building and reforming institutions and individuals on legal and human rights, human trafficking awareness, improving and advocating for adopting laws promoting peace-building, informal community-based education programs, advocacy, lobbying, and social development. Afghanistan Legal and Social Development Organization derives upon its experience of successful public and Community-based campaigns to ensure that the delivery of programs reaches the intended audiences and purposed beneficiaries. ALSDO has rich experience in designing and implementing strategic, research-based public outreach campaigns.
Afghanistan Legal and Social Development Organization delivered remarkable programs to increase women’s political empowerment and participation by convening capacity building training and workshops for schoolteachers, carrying out advocacy with the province’s local government and public awareness campaigns for community leaders maliks, mullahs, and youths. ALSDO is having an active role in the rule of law in Afghanistan. We had several successful engagements to reduce the gap between Community and Police through sports games, capacity building programs, and awareness session in Afghanistan’s east region.
Interested candidates with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications electronically through email@example.com.
While submitting your applications please mention the Title of the position in the subject of the e-mail; please do NOT submit any other supporting documentation or educational certificates with your application. If you are shortlisted you will be copies of your educational certificates and if you are invited to test/interview you will be required to present the original certificates. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date (25/January/2021) of the position. Only shortlisted candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for test/interview.