The Legal Case Worker is responsible to maintain close relationship with the communities to facilitate a smooth program and project implementation and raise awareness on GBV and legal issues. Facilitate awareness creation measures and facilitate responses to conflict as a tool to enable their participation in their development process.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Map communities and identify locations where maximum number of women and men can be reached through community sessions on Legal and GBV issues.
- Support her supervisor on leading and supervising trainings on psychosocial for project staff and community.
- Enhance community awareness on GBV and legal issues.
- Work with supervisor closely on planning and implementation of activities related to legal and GBV services for group counseling and individual counseling session.
- Facilitate weekly Legal committee meetings (Legal focal points, volunteers, and community Shura members) to discuss progresses, challenges, and solutions. Submit a report on these activities at the end of each month.
- Support her supervisor to ensure monitoring of Legal counseling activities through regular field visits.
- Provide technical support to the team for proper implementation of the project.
- Provide relevant information on the performed legal counseling and GBV services and submit to supervisor and data entry officer to ensure correct data is submitted on time.
- Coordinate with project staff and communities in the districts level for the organization and implementation of psychosocial GBV related activities.
- Support his/her supervisor to monitor the project activities document evidence of positive change and challenges and incorporate the evidence in to reports and documentation.
- Any other official task given by line manager.
ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights based development approach. Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and also advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all of our work.
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- 3 years’ experience in Legal issues, legal assistants including working with vulnerable women and girls.
- Experience in Legal counseling, including working with vulnerable women and girls.
- Team player with high level of facilitation skill.
- Ability to work hard and long, self-driven.
- Hard worker under the high-pressure situation.
Legal Case Worker-755
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
3 years of relevant experience
35,000 AFN/Month including all benefits
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 31, 2021. Please clearly indicate Legal Case Worker-755 in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will not be considered. ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis, thus applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid Afghanistan will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.