- He/ She Is responsible for annual planning and Assistance in budgeting of LHL projects at provincial level.
- Support PMT and provide technical inputs to Strategic Planning, Project Operational Plans, Work plans and other types of planning exercises, which are launched at provincial level.
- Conduct regular supportive supervision of existing LHL classes and come up with viable recommendations for further improvement
- Monitor programmes, through field visits, collection and analysis of information/data and providing feedback for improvement.
- Represent SCA in relevant workshops, taskforces and meetings in central and provincial level
Technical and Management Tasks:
- Develops monthly, quarterly and annual plans for relevant projects in coordination with project staff
- Provides monthly, quarterly, annual and end project reports to Head of PMO and HPU
- Accountable for efficient uses of resources. Follow-up of budget utilization on monthly basis and takes Necessary actions if any deviation form plan happens.
- Represents LHL projects in various forums at provincial level.
- Develop; follow up of a proper schedule for capacity development of relevant staff.
- Develop a database for the LHL indicators, collect and analyse the data.
- Any other duties assigned by respective line manager
- Assistance with budget holder in preparation, revision, execution and follow up of the LHL project
- Assistance with Budget holder in Attests and approves all expenses related to LHL projects
Tasks in relation with external agencies:
- Maintains good cooperative relation with provincial authorities, UN agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders located at provincial level.
Actively ensure community participation in Learning for Healthy life project.
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community-Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (MD), or equivalent, in related professional field (Midwives are preferred)2-3 years’ relevant experience, especially within an NGO, or similar organization.Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spokenInterpersonal and communication skillsExperience of planning, reportingBeing an Afghan citizen
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
• 2-3 years’ relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization
As per SCA Salary Scale
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send CV and cover letter through Below email: firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line (LHL Health Officer HRM/PMO- 34/22). Otherwise, your application will not be considered
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested at the time of interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.