Duties & Responsibilities:
It is expected that the successful candidate is stationed in the General Directorate of the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (GD-DRM) and serves as a liaison officer between the FLR project and the GD-NRM. In particular, the tasks comprise the following:
- Enhance the working relationship between GIZ-FLR and the NRM-DG, with introducing communication platforms and channels
- Liaise between the GIZ-FLR project team and the DG NRM on all topics of forest landscape management,
- Coordinate and facilitate of GIZ-FLR and DG NRM activities with regards to the further development of regulations, rules and procedures for NRM and FLR,
- Support GD-NRM on developing and execution of the strategic plans and guidelines of sustainable natural resource management with a special emphasize on FLR,
- Closely cooperate with the monitoring team of the FLR-project, provide them with the relevant information, and report the FLR project’s monitoring results to the NRM-DG,
- Support the technical development of the FLR in natural resource management and forest governance,
- Play a representational role for FLR in relevant forums and work with partners to increase their representation in global, regional, and local events,
- Process GIZ letters and documents in the NRM-DG and vice versa.
- Maintain a good knowledge of project issues, operations, and working environment of the GIZ-FLR-project.
- Travel to provincial offices to provide support as needed.
- Other related tasks
- The successful candidate is expected to participate in the weekly team meetings of the GIZ-FLR-team.
- The successful candidate is expected to submit bi-monthly activity reports to the GIZ project leader.
- The successful candidate is expected to closely coordinate his/her activities with the director of the GD-NRM.
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates throughout Germany and in more than 120 countries worldwide. Our registered offices are in Bonn and Eschborn. We have more than 19,500 staff members around the globe, some 70% of whom are employed locally as national personnel.
The FLR project aims at restoring forests and increasing resilience in communities in six provinces of Afghanistan. The partner is the Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and its provincial representatives. Participatory landscape management plans, to be developed at village level, should form the basis for ecologically sustainable and economically viable systems for the use of forest ecosystems. In addition, measures are implemented to sustainably strengthen the resilience of the rural population to natural disasters and economic crises.
By establishing local, regional and national structures for participatory and conflict-resolving land use planning and the restoration of forest landscapes, conflicts at the local level are to be reduced and a multi-level dialogue initiated. Last but not least, sector-specific further education and training products will be developed that enable various actors in the forest sector and in the management of natural resources to implement forest-related landscape systems as independently and sustainably as possible in the future.
- Degree in rural development, forestry, agriculture or related field, preferably an MSc.
- 7-10 years relevant experience, especially within an international donor organization, NGO, UN agency or similar organization.
- Experience in working with international staff
- Knowledge and experience in Afghanistan governmental structures and institutions.
- Basic knowledge on approaches of community forestry and natural resource management,
Working language: English
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022
According to GIZ salary scale for consultants
You are kindly requested to send your CV and letter of motivation with complete contact details to our office through the following email address:
Email : AF_Quotation@giz.de
Note: Your application and subject line must contain
Liaison Officer to GD-NRM MAIL + Vacancy Announcement Number), Otherwise your CV ‘s will not be considered.
Please do not send us your working certificates, educational certificates or any other additional documents while you are applying for the post. We will ask you for these documents if you are selected for the next steps of recruitment.
Only those candidates will be invited for written test or interview who meets the qualifications and requirements for the mentioned job vacancy.
For more information about German Cooperation with Afghanistan and GIZ Afghanistan Projects, please visit our websites:
www.gc-afg.de and https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/358.html