- The livelihood officer is responsible and would all aspects of livelihood sector, with the overall objective of improving the well-being of targeted communities.
- Promote local economic recovery for livelihoods improvement, employment creation and food security of vulnerable households and communities.
- Support inclusive economic growth with focus on creating an enabling environment to market access.
- Developing and encouraging linkages between producer groups and other market actors (wholesaler, processors)
- Support ERD field team and facilitate strategic decision making such as village/community selection, beneficiary selection criteria and support modalities.
- Ensure IRC economic recovery programs are implemented using best practice tools for effective project cycle management (work plan, spending plan, procurement plan etc) Provide technical and management support to ERD cash agriculture, livestock, and livelihoods programming in the targeted areas in accordance with best practice and IRC policies. Participate in various field assessment and surveys including needs assessment baseline surveys and pre-post distribution surveys. Ensure the implementation of the livelihoods component of the program in track with annual work plan targets time-plan and result indicators. Provide support to implementation of all livelihood project activities. Keep track of all technical training (agriculture, livestock, value addition and start-up grant) on weekly basis for sharing with KBH program team along with keeping tracking of all expencess. Develop and provide imputes for promotional material of beneficiaries in line with the current market need.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
- Education: University Graduated Years of Experience: 2-3 Skills: Training skills, encouraging skill, communication skill Technical Competency: Communication and reporting skills Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access, and internet) an advantage Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
2-3 Years relevant
06 months (Extendable)
Grade (D) Step (1-3) NTA Salary Scale
Note: Application received without exact position title and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department at the following address or email us on (AF-Recruitment@rescue.org)
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for an interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul
Qala-e-Fathullah, Street 3, close to Takyakhana-e-Fatimia, District 10