Responsible for minor maintenance and repair of IOM office Maintenance and facilities including those located in camps as may be required
Regularly inspects office premises and non-IT related assets and determine the repairs/maintenance works needed to be done. Submits report and recommendation on the repair/maintenance works needed to the Maintenance Team leader.
Performs renovation/maintenance works on office premises.
Implements preventive maintenance and minor trouble shooting works on non-IT related assets – e.g., generator, water pumps, heaters, air conditioning units, Coordinates with the Logistics Assistant to ensure availability of fuel for all generators and to monitor the fuel consumption of the units. Coordinates with Maintenance Team leader in preparing purchase requests for maintenance spare parts and consumables. Prepare and submit utilization report to the Supply Chain Officer. Any other duty within the incumbent’s capabilities as assigned by the Logistics Assistant.
Performs minor renovation work on office premises.
Responsible for the minor maintenance related to office heating/air-conditioning and water supply.
Report to the Building Maintenance Manager and Construction Supervisor any maintenance requirement in the offices to prevent major damages.
Monitors major and minor maintenance schedules of office equipment as required.
Responsible for the regular inspection of the water tanks and supply pipes inside and outside IOM Offices.
Monitors consumable maintenance spare parts/supplies required, including fuel for the heating system, and informs the Building Maintenance Manager and Construction Supervisor for replenishment in a timely manner.
Monitor the performance of the A/C, make sure that all pipes around the premise are in good condition.
Monitor the performance of the heating system during the winter season.
Perform minor repainting of office premises as required including repair of office furniture.
Assists elevator maintenance crew as may be required.
Perform minor maintenance works related to the CCTV and access cards reader and relocate them whenever is needed.
Perform any other duty within the incumbent’s capabilities as maybe assigned.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Maintenance Team Leader and the overall supervision of the Logistics/Procurement Officer.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible. Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct. Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results. Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes. Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate. Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Note: Appointment is subject to funding availability.
V. Education and Experience:
- Completed High school / Secondary school education with two years of relevant experience. Certificate/Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related area with three years of relevant professional experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area Learns about developments in available technology
• Dari – Fluent
• Pashto – Fluent
• English – Working knowledge
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
6 Months with possibility of extension
Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae by the following e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org and by Close of Business (CoB) 31 March 2022 latest, referring to this advertisement quoting the above vacancy notice number. Candidates holding an IOM contract, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account, and submit that with your curriculum vitae to the mentioned email address, applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
To create IOM PHF, please refer below:
IOM Staff inside IOM network, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account.
External candidate with no account yet in the IOM website, Click here to create your account.
External candidate and already have an account, Click here.
IOM Staff outside IOM network, Click here