The House of Science and Technology (HSTO) seeks to hire Marketing Officer to provide support to the implementation of the below mentioned activities. The Marketing Officer reports to the Media Director of the organization and will be based in Kabul. The key responsibilities for the position include:
- Overseeing and developing marketing campaigns
- Conducting research and analyzing data to identify and define audiences
- Devising and presenting ideas and strategies
- Promotional activities
- Compiling and distributing financial and statistical information
- Writing and proofreading creative copy
- Maintaining websites and looking at data analytics
- Organizing events and product exhibitions
- Updating databases and using a customer relationship management system
- Coordinating internal marketing and an organization’s culture
- Any Other task assigned by line manager
- Interpret and use project results for program improvement. This involves analyzing data with a view toward feeding lessons learned and recommendations back into program implementation.
- Report writing for products and initiative ideas for product sale and target market involvement.
Founded in 2017, the House of Science & Technology organization (HSTO) is the only standardized and modern science and technology center of its kind, with informed staff and standard level of competency in science and technology, currently operating in Afghanistan. HSTO was founded to promote STEM learning, enrich the current MoE curriculum, train teachers, promote science, and make learning science an exciting experience. HSTO works in six areas of science including physics, chemistry, biology, geology, astronomy and engineering. In its third year of existence as a not-for-profit organization, it is ready to reach out to more schools, students and teachers. In 2017, HSTO welcomed 500 students, 1,500 students in 2018, and in 2019 this number increased to 4,000 students. In August 2019, HSTO held the largest science fair in Afghanistan with 119 teams participating from 23 schools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration or other relevant field
- A minimum of two years of experience with national and/or international organizations in the field of Marketing/Media Marketing.
- Demonstrated experience working with field staff to gather data on a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
’Self-starter’ mentality with strong personal motivation, enthusiasm, perseverance and entrepreneurial spirit.Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship building and networking skills.Demonstrated leadership skills and a supportive management style.Ability to communicate with persons of various cultures and disciplines.Excellent written communication skills.Ability to work in a dynamic and responsive environment.Ability to work under pressure and respond to multiple tasks.Ability to give solution-oriented advice and assistance to staff, clients and stakeholders.High-level negotiation skills and ability to manage conflict.Skills in problem identification and resolution.Ability to allocate and review priorities and meet deadlines.Ability to work in a team environment.Professional presentation and approach.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
A minimum of two years
As per organization salary policy
The Museum of Science & Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Our sole preference is talent and professional attitude. We have created and maintain a professional but friendly work environment and we are looking for the right individuals to join our team of scientists and administrative staff.
Interested candidates need to send their CV’s and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than Dec 01, 2020. Please clearly write the position and vacancy no. you are applying for on the subject of your email. Only short-listed candidates would be contacted.