- Liaising /meetings with community elders.
- Conduct baseline and end line survey
- Conduct basic health education training to community health care workers and community base health volunteers who will support women and girls through awareness and reduce morbidity and mortality rate within communities and health facilities
- Follow up of health posts regularly
- Organizing community gathering and meetings
- Distribution of PPE materials to CHWs and CBHVs
- Keep good coordination & leadership with BPHS and EPHS staff and other stakeholders to ensure safe and meaningful access to related health facilities
- Reinforce the referral system of critical patient to relevant health facility
- Participate in monthly meetings with key project staff
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly report
- Any other task given by line supervisor
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Completed tertiary education from recognized institute
- 2+ years of relevant work experience working in a health care facility as clinician, midwife, nurse etc.
- Experience in emergency response, including rapid assessments and needs analysis
- Experience in hygiene promotion in humanitarian contexts
- Profound cross-cultural awareness and sound knowledge
- Extremely flexible with team work
- Ability to relate and motivate community to participate in the trainings
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
2 Years Relevant
Grade E (NTA Salary Scale)
Note: Application received without exact position title, vacancy no and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department to the following address or email us on (AF-Recruitment@rescue.org).
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for written test and after that for interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul
Qala-e-Fatullah, Street# 3, Closed to Takyakhana-e-Fatimia, District 10, Kabul, Afghanistan