Purpose of The Position:
Under the overall supervision of WHH-MEAL Officer in the north region, the MEAL Assistant will be responsible to implement the projects’ MEAL activities in Samangan and Balkh provinces of Afghanistan. This include projects’ monitoring, data collection, data verification and MEAL reporting of projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Regular Monitoring of projects’ field activities through WHH monitoring and evaluation tools and SOPs.
- Monthly data collection, data verification and data entry based on project requirements (M&E plan) with ensuring from data accuracy and reliability.
- Assist MEAL officer in developing operational monitoring tools (checklist, questionnaires, databases, interview and survey forms, etc.)
- Assist MEAL officer in monitoring of project output/outcome indicators to assess progress made against targets.
- Assist MEAL officer in overall process of conducting need assessment, baseline and end line surveys of projects.
- Provide timely feedback to project team (WHH and partners) through written monitoring reports on weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Assist MEAL officer to ensure that all WHH targeted communities are setup with CRM “complain response mechanism”.
- Assist MEAL officer on managing, processing and tracking of all received complains.
- Actively collaborate and provide inputs to develop databases on project activities / outputs and assist MEAL officer on timely updating of databases (internal and external) according to the project requirements.
- Prepare weekly/monthly schedule of monitoring and evaluation related activities.
- Responsible to maintaining a clear and transparent filing system.
- Actively participate to project implementation & coordination meetings.
- Aim in continuously develop personal and organizational expertise on MEAL issues (using training, distance study, experience sharing with partners, etc.)
- Support short-term M&E evaluators and experts as required.
- The position is based in Samangan, but she/he is oblige to travel and work in other target regions of WHH upon request.
Welthungerhilfe it is one of Germany’s biggest non-governmental relief organizations. Non-profit making, politically independent and non-denominational, the organization is run by a Supervisory Board of honorary members under the patronage of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and public grants. Welthungerhilfe is working since the 1980’s continuously in Afghanistan and opened the first offices in 1992. Since this time Welthungerhilfe has implemented some 165 project in Afghanistan. Main fields of Welthungerhilfe intervention in Afghanistan are emergency relief, food and nutrition security, rural and regional development and water and sanitation.
Qualifications and Education Requirement
A- Qualification: Bachelor degree in Agricultural Sciences, Social Science, Management, Economic, Environment Sciences, Natural Science or related field combined with extensive experience in similar responsible position in rural community is considering as equivalent.
B. Experience: At least 3 years of work experience in field related to rural development, livelihoods, food security, agriculture promotion, and planning or project management with MEAL background.
- Team building skills
- Problem solving and basic counseling skills
- Negotiations skills and effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Time management skills
Report to: Direct to MEAL Officer.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
At least 3 years of work experience in field related to rural development, livelihoods, food security, agriculture promotion,
One year with Possibility of Extension
Per WHH Salary Scale
The applicants should complete & submit only the WHH Recruitment Form with resume to the following email address (Candidate can download form from http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) and HR Database will not accept only resume of applicant.
Note: Only application send to below address will be considered. Applications send to any other address even within the organization cannot be considered.
Please put the vacancy number and job title in your email subject or otherwise your email will reject from resume database