About BILTEK Afghan:
Biltek Afghan Co. Is an Afghan-registered international organization, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 10 years. Biltek Co. Provides a portfolio of engineering and management services to public and private sectors worldwide. We provide exceptional design, engineering, construction, and operations services that ensure powerful solutions for our clients.
The Mechanical Engineer will be under direct supervision of the Construction Section of Biltek Organization; the employee will be responsible for overall Mechanical aspects of construction projects and report directly to Senior Mechanical engineer or Project Manager of Biltek Organization.
Provinces to travel:
Demonstrated planning and organizational skills and ability to coordinate the work of others, work on tight deadlines, and handle multiple concurrent activities.
– High degree of personal initiative and willingness to accept wide responsibilities;
– Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
– Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentational), including the ability to present sensitive issues/positions and to write reports and technical decisions quantitatively justified;
– Proficiency in the usage of computers, office software packages and advanced design management software.
– Excellent Knowledge with international Codes (ASHRAE, NFPA, IMC, IPC, UL, FPC and AED design).
– Excellent knowledge of Dari, Pashto and both written and oral English is required
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and track wastewater treatment unit processes (liquids, solids/biosolids, air emissions, energy recovery, reclaimed water, etc.) and overall plant operations to ensure regulatory compliance, optimize final product quality, optimize resource recovery, minimize chemical and power use and costs. Evaluate process performance using basic wastewater process engineering theory and models.
- Adjusts plant processes in according with established process parameters and procedures;
- Calibrates chemical mixing control equipment to meet process requirements;
- Changes and maintains filters and other process equipment as required;
- Collects water samples for laboratory testing and analysis;
- Records sample collection and operations monitoring data according to established procedures;
- Performs routine maintenance and emergency repair on plant operating equipment including pumps, Aerators, valves, and designated electronic equipment;
- Fabricates equipment as needed for plant operations;
- Maintains inventory information for plant, placing orders as necessary;
- Cleans plant work areas as required;
- Performs regular and routine laboratory analysis as needed for monitoring and adjusting plant processes;
- Prepares reports and records on plant processes;
- Follows procedures and standards for the work of the division;
- Follows prescribed safety precautions;
- Attends meetings, conferences and workshops as requested and authorized;
- Perform all duties and work assignments in a safe, healthy, and environmentally sound manner. Specifically, complying with the Health & Safety Program; maintaining work areas in a safe and orderly manner; identifying and reporting unsafe conditions; reporting all accidents; wearing required personal protective equipment; and attending safety-related meetings.
- Perform all duties and work assignments in compliance with project quality requirements.
- Act responsibly and ethically, and in conformance with generally accepted business, occupational, and professional standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant field is required.
b. Work Experience
– A minimum of 4 years of experience providing Mechanical & Water Supply system services for multi-disciplined engineering, construction or construction management companies.
– Strong technical background and working knowledge of construction work.
– Good analytical capability and attention to detail within calculations, checking and summarizing.
– Ability to interpret engineering documentation such as drawings, specifications, the scope of works, etc.
– Experience and involve in all Mechanical aspects such as HVAC, Fire Protection System, Gas system, Water Supply & Sewer System, Radiators Fin Tube installation, etc…
This is a local position and open to Afghan nationals only.
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae Kindly indicates the vacancy number and the post title in the subject line when applying by email.
- Address email@example.com
- Salary Offers Salary is negotiable
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5