- Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the medical activities according to INTERSOS protocols, standards and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients health conditions Participating in the definition of annual planning and budget for the project and in the follow up of the programs/project. Supervising and ensuring that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service Checking all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers …) are carried out correctly and according to INTERSOS procedures Ensuring an efficient pharmacy management and monitoring the rational use of drugs, supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating future needs. Preparing the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identifying and reporting to the line manager, non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.) Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves …). Participating in shifts and replaces a staff if necessary Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staffs under his/her responsibility in order to improve staffs capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Design and deliver training on health/nutrition component, including monitoring and data collection tools and analyses. Prepare monthly reports according to guidelines Participate to health and nutrition coordination meetings at Kabul level and keep constant relation with DoPH.
INTERSOS is an Italian non-profit humanitarian aid organisation that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 , its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected. INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure.
- Advanced university degree in medicine or other paramedical studies. Desirable degree in Public Health
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience as Medical referent / coordinator / advisor in the humanitarian sector
- Experience with monitoring tools and systems in the health and nutrition sectors
- Proficiency in English, Pashto and Dari languages is highly essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles.
- Comply with all relevant INTERSOS policies and procedures.
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
- Prior working experience in Kabul province
- Residence in Kabul is preferred
- Good report writing and proposal writing skills are desirable
- Experience in trainings and capacity building / development of staff is desirable
- Ability and willingness to travel and stay overnight at service delivery point if needed
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum 2 years relevant work experience as Medical referent / coordinator / advisor in the humanitarian sector
10 month with possibility of extension
As per the salary scale
Please submit your updated profile and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly write the job title Location and vacancy number in the subject line of your application. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test/interview.
Applications without subject line will not be entertained.