The MEP Engineer is responsible for the highest quality of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing planning and construction work in accordance with project specification, budget, and schedule. The incumbent will ensure to follow the national and internal standards for the MEP system of AKAH projects. The incumbent focus of work would be on mechanical and plumbing part of the AKAH projects.
MAINRESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Ensure that implementing contractor(s) receive a detailed understanding of the contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, MEP systems interrelationships, construction sequencing and project schedule.
- Lead and manage the MEP design for the AKAH Projects.
- Lead and manage the MEP design by external consultants and ensure to design meets national and international standards.
- Ensure the MEP designs are fit to the context of project in term of constructability, operation & maintenance.
- Facilitate problem solving, as may arise, between MEP Subcontractors during construction.
- Validate design issues related to MEP and suggest alternative solutions.
- Assist in the receipt and review of MEP submittals.
- Log and post all MEP changes and as-built information on field drawings.
- Assist in the scope review, budgeting, and justification of MEP change work order.
- Assist in the installation of MEP work.
- Direct, monitor and control the activities of MEP Subcontractor.
- Coordination and administration of MEP related materials, systems, and shop drawings submittals.
- Liaison with Consultant MEP supervisory Engineers, Inspectors, and relevant staff.
- Ensure that MEP Subcontractors provides and adheres to relevant Quality documentation/records and Project safety regulations.
- Assist in the testing and commissioning of MEP equipment for the AKAH projects.
- Conduct regular visits to project sites.
- Ensure lessons learned are properly documented throughout the life of the project including Project Close-out for the MEP systems.
- Provide regular reporting to the Project Manager as agreed upon as well as immediate report of any urgent and unforeseen risks or issues.
- Any other duties as may be required.
An affiliate of Aga Khan Development Network.
Education: A graduate degree in Mechanical or related discipline from the nationally recognized university.
Experience: 3 -5 years of experience in MEP or relevant field.
Excellence and proven experience in dealing with contractors, labors, vendors, and project partners.
Knowledge of MEP system available in local markets and tested in country context.
(a) Technical Skills
Known to construction management tools and techniques for MEP systems.
Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing software for design, drawing software (AutoCAD).
Proficient in technical training skills.
Proficient in technical and project reporting on MEP system.
(b) Management Skills:
Efficient and effective communication
Command in documentation and project reporting
Problem Solving Skills
Negotiating /Co-ordination Skills.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
3 -5 years of experience in MEP or relevant field
Regular – Full Time (Project Based)
Salary: According to Aga Khan Agency for Habitat (
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements should submit a cover letter describing your interest and suitability for the position along with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the following email address:
Note -Preference will be given to those who are current residence of Ishkashim, Badakhshan Province, Afghanistan.
- Please quote the vacancy number as the subject of the e-mail when applying
- No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card (s) etc.) are required at this stage.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
- Salary: According to Aga Khan Agency for Habitat (AKAH)-Salary Scale
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.
Aga Khan Agency for Habitat, Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity, safeguarding of children from abuse and zero tolerance to sexual harassment.
Note: Employee of AKDN sister institutions applies to this position must inform his/her respected organization and attach a No-Objection Certificate (NOC) with the application. Failure to do so will disqualify him/her for consideration.