Responsible for implementation of psychosocial care and practice integrated with the nutrition and health intervention, and WASH intervention in Daikundi province, Afghanistan.
Objective 1: Participate in implementing psychosocial care practice integrated with nutrition and health intervention implemented for in patient and out patient centres for malnutrition:
Supervise and support the identification of psychosocial care needs of the mothers and care takers in the inpatient and outpatient health facilitiesCoordinate the child stimulation activities and facilitate mother and child interactions, attachments and relationshipsParticipate in real time evaluations of program implementationWork closely with the health and nutrition staffOrganize and direct sessions on breast-feeding practices or on child development Objective 2: Formal training and on the job support implemented for health facility staff and family health action groups Assess the capacity or potential of psychosocial services within targeted health facilities, and contribute to improving these psychosocial services in the health facilities with formal on site training regarding care practises including diffusion of Infant and Young Children Feeding messagesSupervise the creation of child and mother friendly spaces within mobile clinics and health facilities; Objective 3: Support hygiene promotion implementation plan Actively lead at field level in the development of training manuals, actively creating opportunities for participation of community key focal pointsParticipate in the successful promotion of hygiene promotion trainings and the development of information, education and communication materials for men and womenSupport MHPSS-P key indicators within WASH monitoring and evaluationsSuggest, develop IEC materials according to the program needs Objective 4: Contribute to the follow up of the beneficiaries’ care practices:Support the identification of the beneficiaries and attendants who need specialised attention (unusual behaviour, aggressiveness, isolation, food refusal, etc.);Ensure that these persons are given support through interviews, individual counselling and by referring them to the medical team in sensitive situations;Inform the supervisor or psychologist of any information or observations made following an educational activity session.
Objective 5: Contribute to data management of care practices:
- Keep the files concerning MHPSS-P activities up to date
- Synthesis and analysis of assessment and monitoring data as required
- Feedback any information related to an identified programme development
- To provide feedback on the daily data collection and openly with team address promptly and effectively any issues or problems where possible
Objective 6: Reporting and representation
- Produce weekly and monthly activity progress report and share with PM
- Develop the activity report and share with PM
- Contribute in donor reporting by proving related data, information to senior management
- Support PM to develop monthly progress report for government authorities
- Represent ACF and present the MHPSS-P activities to internal external stakeholders as per need
- To support PM for developing capitalization reports
Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. AAH has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, and water and sanitation fields since 1995.
- Bachelor`s degree or Masters (preferred) degree in psychology, counselling, psychosocial services from reputed university
- Strong experience in and familiarity with mental health and psychosocial support in Afghanistan and/or emergency
- Minimum 2 years’ of experience in NGOs including 1 year in related field
- Good organization, planning and reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill
- Good team interaction and positive attitude
- Fluent English in speaking and writing
- Familiar with word, excel, Skype and email
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum 2 years’ of experience in NGOs including 1 year in related field
As per AAH Salary Scale
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (with three Referees) indicating the vacancy announcement reference to the address: Human Resources Department Ghor AAH office or can also be emailed to:
firstname.lastname@example.org no later 16 of June 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
In the e-mail subject line, please put job title & vacancy number of the position you are applying for, otherwise your applications will not be screened.
Do not submit academic certificates with the application. These can be requested if the candidate is selected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test/interview.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer