Main Purpose of the Job:
IRC Afghanistan has been working with conflict and natural disaster affected communities in Afghanistan since 1988. Its Humanitarian Program has 10 field offices outside of Kabul, including offices at Nangarhar, Laghman Logar, Paktia, Kabul, Bamiyan Khost, Helmand, Badghis and Herat provinces. The IRC responding to COVID19 through the implementation risk communication and community engagement, Basic health education house to house and infection prevention and control activities. The program’s goal is Basic health education to Community health workers (CHWs) and Community base health volunteers (CBHVs) including the training of health care workers and distribution of hand washing soups , IEC materials to targeted beneficiaries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates meetings with BPHS , EPHS and other stakeholders
- Work closely with the health manager to identify and develop nutrition for health to ensure continued awareness of the nutrition guidelines adopted by the health facilities and IRC/MOPH.
- Work with project staff, to identify the community volunteers on nutrition training on district level
- Liaising /meetings with community elders and DoPH staff.
- Keep good coordination & leadership with BPHS and EPHS staff and other stakeholders to ensure safe and meaningful access to related health facilities
- Team management (Lead nutrition facilitators to the field)
- On job training to staff at community base nutrition program (CBNP)
- Supervision from field team in the districts
- Preparation of supportive supervision plan from the nutrition trainings
- Preparation of payments and PR request for all payment concerning program
- . Conducting Refreshers training plan to CVs and Volunteers and following up of referral system
- Preparation of Food demonstration plan and ensure its conducted accordingly at community trough community volunteers
- Participate in monthly meetings with key project staff
- Prepare and share, weekly, and monthly report
- Any other task given by line supervisor
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
- Completed tertiary education from recognized institute.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience working in a health care facility as clinician, midwife, nurse etc.
- Experience in emergency response, including rapid assessments and needs analysis. Experience in hygiene promotion in humanitarian contexts Skills:
- Profound cross-cultural awareness and sound knowledge
- Extremely flexible with teamwork
- Ability to relate and motivate community to participate in the trainings
Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
- Technical Competency: Communication and reporting skills Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access, and internet) an advantage Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
two to three year
NTA Grade D 1 to 3
Submission Email: AF-Recruitment@rescue.org