- Works with co-operative attitude and keep a high standard of quality Develops spirit of co-operation and understanding among members of the organization. Follows SAF’s established policies, procedures and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiative works/ performance
B- Specific Activities
- Facilitates trainings at provincial level for nutrition program staff. Undertakes regular monitoring visits, documents project progress against the target indicators, identifies problems and challenges encountered and suggests appropriate strategies and changes supporting effective implementation of planned nutrition activities. Ensures all the HFs as per the project requirements are staffed with nutrition counselors. Closely oversees performances of nutrition counselors and provide on the job trainings to them as per the needs.
- Coordinates effectively the nutrition related issues with BPHS vertical projects and key stakeholders (PND, PPHD, PNOs, UNICEF, WFP etc). Oversees performances of nutrition vertical projects/programs at the provincial level. Ensures implementation of community based nutrition package (CBNP) in all the districts of the province Ensures the availability of Nutrition guideline and IEC materials in all HFs. Reviews and analyzes, statistical and narrative reports and provides feedback to the relevant HFs staff.
- Actively participates in all related meetings/ workshops at the provincial level. Ensures that regular reviews of reports are done and make sure that the performance of the project meets the Sphere standards and recommend appropriate recommendations for sub-optimal performance. Guides and extensively support the HFs’ staff to effectively achieve the index and maximum levels of nutrition related output/outcome indicators.
- Develops appropriate networking and coordination with NGOs, MoPH/provincial health departments and key stakeholders. Accomplishes any related task delegated by his/her line supervisor.
Solidarity for Afghan Families (SAF) was established on October 2005 as a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization with an independent legal identity. The vision of the organization is to get to a developed and welfare society for Afghan families and the mission of the organization is empowering and enabling Afghan families to combat against diseases, poverty, social injustice and illiteracy –موسسه همبستگی برای خانواده های افغان (SAF) در اکتبر 2005 به عنوان یک سازمان غیر دولتی، غیر سیاسی و غیر انتفاعی با هویت مستقل قانونی تاسیس شد. چشم انداز سازمان، دستیابی به یک جامعه توسعه یافته و رفاهی برای خانواده های افغان است و ماموریت سازمان، توانمند سازی خانواده های افغان برای مبارزه با بیماری ها، فقر، بی عدالتی و بی سوادی است
1. To have MD degree or at least nursing degree from a well-known university/institute. 2. To have at least two years experience of working within the field of nutrition 3. Having knowledge of English and local languages and basic computer skill 4. Having interpersonal and managerial and conflict resolution skills 5. Having communication skills and knowledge of local communities 6. Having negotiation skills in multicultural and multilingual environment
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
To have at least two years experience of working within the field of nutrition
6 months Extendable
As per SAF Salary Scale
Interested Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and detailed CV, through e-mail address (Vacancy@saf.org.af), indicating on the subject line the title of the position and vacancy number (SAF-DEC-004 Nutrition Officer). Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for test/interview NOTE: Please DO NOT send your education documents with your CV