To support the Integrated Nutrition / Health and MHCP response to reduce excess child morbidity and mortality in high risky provinces of Afghanistan under MHT program.
To Supervise, monitor and follow up of the MHT staff performances to provide well quality services to the beneficiaries
Objective 1: Ensure quality services provision by MHT and Planning, supervision and follow up of the MHT activities
- Follow up of the approved implementation plan and provide specific plan for each staff.
- Provide technical support to the staff through day-to-day supervision of the MHT supported areas.
- Facilitate administrative support to the MHT staff on the day-to-day management.
- Ensure the MHT staffs received training and capacity building to do provide quality services.
- Ensure MHT staff is following the approved technical and operational guidelines for provision of relevant services.
- Make sure that daily, weekly and monthly record of beneficiaries is in place and fulfill efficiently.
- Provide regular comprehensive written constructive feedback to MHT staff on strong and weak areas.
- Provide written forwards ways/solutions & recommendation for the improvement of the weak areas as identified during supervision.
- Identify the areas where staff need to build their capacity and facilitate capacity building for them.
- Analyze RMHT activities and proposed solution when needed
- Coordinate with the community leaders where the mobile clinic provide services.
Objective 2: Provide treatment and counselling services on IMNCI to under 5 children
Diagnostic and treatment services should be performed based on the validated guidelines. Conduct history taking and perform physical examination of sick children. Assess the different signs and symptoms for patient diagnosis Prescribe the appropriate medication for the patient. Determine if this is an initial or follow up visit for this problem. Counsel the caretaker and provide them a necessary messages especially on usage of medicine. Facilitate the referral for complicated patients with official document for advance treatment to higher health centers. Record all necessary information in the existing reporting tools.
Objective 3 : Management of supply:
- Prepare & submit the medical, nutritional and non-medical requisitions for MHT activities to line manager and has a close follow up for the reception.
- Ensure the daily, weekly and monthly consumption are in line with distribution protocols and track/update the consumptions in the existing tools.
- Provide/update the monthly consumption of medicine and nutritional supply in the existing pharmacy database and share with line manager.
- Report any misuse of supplies or any discrepancy immediately to line manager.
- Manage medical box and medical equipment in coordination with line manager, logistic and security departments.
- Facilitate logistical support for MHT supply either in stock or in field.
- Ensure PM on the receiving of the needs and reports on MHT supplies.
Objective 4: Team management & capacitation of MHT staff. :
- Establish a work plan for MHT staff and explain them on follow up of the plan.
- Do apportionment on work to each staff among the team.
- Support staff during performing planned services to BNFs
- Have close follow up and control of staff performances.
- Conduct internal team meetings if needed, share the key points with PM.
- In case of absence of a direct team members, manage who will take over the activities.
- Capacitate team members in the rules of hygiene, prescriptions and medical supervision.
- Identify training needs for the staff with proposed capitation methods to line manager.
- Provide on the job training/support to MHT staff both on technical and operational aspects of the services.
- Carry out appraisal interviews in accordance with HR policy.
Objective 5: Reporting and documentation.
- Ensure good filing system for MHT documents and maintain the updating in timely manner.
- Crosscheck hard copy of all reporting tools and correct if any mistake before submitting the tools to data entry.
- Ensure correct data is provided on weekly and on monthly basis (Review the data with data entry before submitting to PM).
- Participate to the APR and provide relevant information to the APRs.
- Develop success story of the project for donor requirement and submit to line manager.
- Provide any other information when necessary (security, logistical and HR related) to PM.
Objective 5: Ensure all materials and document are prepared for MHT activities implementation.
- Before leaving the office ensure all the material is ready and active (relevant equipment’s, registers, nutritional supplies, medicines…).
- Ensure that MHT staff keep all items in the field very well before and after the field visit. Clean and prepare for use in following day.
- Ensure staff updated all reporting tools on daily basis.
- Ensure staff keep and maintain a good filing system for all documents
- Ensure staff prepared the reports (Daily, Weekly and monthly) according to the standard reporting tools.
- Assist line supervisor on performing other duties assigned by the organization.
Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. AAH has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, and water and sanitation fields since 1995.
Educational / Professional Background :
- Graduated degree Medical Doctor from recognized institute
- At least 3 years’ experience in the supervision field of health and nutrition projects.
Required Competences & Skills :
- Previous experiences working in health nutrition activities (IMNCI, OPD, TFU, pediatric unit….)
- Good organization, planning and reporting skills are necessary.
- Ability to manage staff & working environment according to local culture
- Fluent in local languages (Dari & Pashto) and knowledge of English language is a plus.
- High flexibility in deployment on the selected area, Must be proactive and show initiatives
- Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Computer knowledge mainly word processing and Excel Spreadsheet is required
- Experience on PSS if possible
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
6 Months (Extendable)
As per AAH Salary Scale
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (with three Referees) indicating the vacancy announcement reference to the address: Human Resources Department office or can also be emailed to:
email@example.com no later 23th of December 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum three pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
In the e-mail subject line, please put job title, vacancy number and the base (province and district) you are applying for, otherwise your applications will not be screened.
Do not submit academic certificates with the application. These can be requested if the candidate is selected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test/interview.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer.
Action against Hunger is committed to the prevention of risks related to abuse, sexual exploitation and the promotion of gender equality and its diversity. The mission Afghanistan encourages the application of the women / men / disabled workers / Senior / others>. Action against Hunger’s recruitment process is free of charge, no compensation of any form shall be requested from a candidate. It reflects the major policies and its charter through its professionalism and impartiality. If you observe behavior in opposition to these values during this process, please report it to the appropriate teams.