The Cook and Cleaner cum Office Assistant is responsible for keeping office clean and maintain in orderly condition. Will prepare or arrange lunch, tea/coffee/ snacks for office staff and guests.
About ActionAid Afghanistan: ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights-based development approach. Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all our work.
- Cleaning the office in proper manner by using cleaning equipment’s like Mob and etc.
- Ensure that cleaning liquids are mixed in correct and safe quantities.
- Wipe down desk and chairs and make sure that stubborn smears are removed using appropriate cleaning materials.
- Empty trash cans ashtrays and make sure that all trash is properly disposed off.
- Clean and wash down Windows and ensure that they are dried properly.
- Replenish towels, soap and toilet paper in bathrooms on regular basis.
- Ensure Proper cleanliness of the areas around the office such as walkways and parking lot.
- Make sure that office is looked properly at the end of the day.
- Move around heavy equipment and furniture for the purpose of storage or rearranging.
- Notify line manager of any repairs required.
- Make sure that Stock rooms are maintained.
- Replace light bulbs and identify maintenance issues.
- Distribute Stationery to Departments when requested
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff in running the errands and other job required.
- Perform any other job as per the instruction of line manager.
- Responsible for cook, serve and arrange meal for staff and guests in the office.
- Working within Action Aid Afghanistan Administration guidelines regarding current health safety and hygiene legislation.
- Ensure all the tea/coffee stations are equipped with adequate boiled water, coffee, milk and sugar on daily basis.
- Keep cooking material clean and handle with care
- Purchase daily and weekly food material
- Prepare, cook and serve food in accordance with defined standards and quality
- Purchase kitchen dishes, when required.
- Perform all the requirements of a Cook, such as washing the dishes, cleaning the kitchen and all other requirements.
- Serve food and tea for office guests.
- Cook foods and meals with required quality and ensure inclusion of vegetables as per the season.
Job Specification Education & Training:
- Ability to write and read.
Experience: Previous experience in the similar role with any NGO and INGO is an advantage. Technical Skills:
- Good Cooking skills of cooking afghan local foods Ability to keep cooking environment clean Knowledgeable in sanitary handling of food and meat Physical Ability to stand for long hours Willingness to learn more recipes and varieties of food Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery used in cleaning Ability to walk, bend, push, pull and lift repetitively during working hours Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, proper storage and disposal methods Self-motivation and the ability to identify and complete needed tasks without direct supervision.
Office Assitant / Cook & Cleaner_Samangan_815
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
• Previous experience in the similar role with any NGO and INGO is an advantage
NTA Salary Scale
Submission Guideline: If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 18th, 2022. Please clearly indicate Office Assitant / Cook & Cleaner_Samangan_815 in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will not be considered. ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis; thus, applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest. ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid Afghanistan will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.