Background on the duty
The Operations Manager reports to the Executive Director and supports program team in all activities related activities in accordance with IWA policies and procedures. The Operations Manager will be responsible for management of administrative services, including recruitment, purchasing, procurement, and contract administration; general administrative services; facilities, property, safety, space management, and human resources services.
- Human resource management:
- Design the annual HR plan to support the overall aims and objectives of the organization and provide necessary supervision for implementation of the plan.
- Develop, maintain and update internal rules and regulations, staff management policy, recruitment, promotion and sanction procedures as well as staff evaluation processes to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff throughout the organization;
- Write and update employment contracts and job description and ensure all job descriptions are kept up-to-date;
- Supervise development of organizational learning plan including periodically identifying needs and opportunities for the training and upgrading of the personnel;
- Work closely with management providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities, in order to ensure a consistent and fair approach to people management based on IWA policies and procedures;
- Gather and analyze labor market data to measure the competitiveness of the organization’s compensation and benefits package, and make recommendations as appropriate;
- Monitor HR trends throughout the organization and provide management information on key performance indicators to management as appropriate;
Logistics and office management: Supervise travel management of external visitors and IWA staff.Prepare and supervise the procurement plans, procedures and operations;Set up a record of the main contractors; define contract formats for each type of services and goods;Supervise filing systems, develop and implement new administrative systems for increased efficacy at workRecording office expenditure and manage the budget with a view to increase cost efficiency;Supervise regular inventory of office equipment and supplies;Maintain insurance coverage of staff, when available;Management of physical and IT security of the organization.Supervision of office staff Assign work to, monitor and directly supervise clerical, office and services staff including admin assistants, logistics officers, receptions, drivers, guards, cleaners, cooks, gardeners etc;Schedule and plan in consultation with the staff a diversified cooking program and follow its implementation; make sure lunch is served on time and tea and coffee are always available;Daily supervision of office tidiness and maintenance: make sure the office is clean, tidy, safe and user-friendly;Plan and organize the duties of the guard to make sure office equipment and staff are protected;Perform other related duties as required.
Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increasing transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan. Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Balkh, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa, and Nangarhar Provinces of Afghanistan. Integrity Watch also works in several other provinces through its local partners.
Over the last decade, Integrity Watch’s work has focused on three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy.
Ever since its establishment, Integrity Watch has tried to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work has included the development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing, and training communities to monitor public services, education and health, as well as construction projects . So far, more than 2308 public services sites have been monitored by 4844 volunteers.
Our current research work is focused on the health and education sector as well as aid effectiveness. The objective is to develop new, ground-breaking empirical research in order to set the agenda, influence decision-makers, and bring to the public attention non-documented and non-explored issues.
The aim of our advocacy work has been to enhance Integrity Watch’s pioneering role in advocating for knowledge-based decision-making and informed public debate on governance and integrity issues. Our advocacy work includes the facilitation of policy dialogue on issues related to integrity, transparency, and accountability. We have engaged in policy advocacy for issues that communities experience on a day-to-day basis while trying to hold the government and service providers accountable. Our current thematic focus is on aid effectiveness, the education and health sectors as well as broader governance issues.
Overall, Integrity Watch has proven itself throughout the years as the lead anti-corruption organization both at the local and the national level. In addition, Integrity Watch has also earned international recognition and has contributed to the global fight against corruption through knowledge sharing and joining coalitions working on global integrity and anti-corruption agendas.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field is required. Master degree will be preferred.
- At least five years of experience in administration, HR and operation management.
- Proven background of people management experience.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proven supervisor experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dari;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Highly organized, rigorous, able to see in great detail while holding the big picture, respecting timelines and able to work positively under stressful situation
Dari, Pashto and English
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
At least five years of experience in administration, HR and operation management.
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relate to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to: email@example.com. In the e-mail subject line please write “Operations Manager “and your name. The deadline for application is January 03, 2022. Interview of suitable candidates may begin once applications are received.