List the main tasks and responsibilities for this position (supervisory responsibilities, etc.):
Adhere to policies and procedures set out in Chapter 5 and in the financial management Chapter 8 from NCA‘s Operational Manual, and any other manuals relevant to tasks assigned.
Work directly with the Finance Manager to complete accurate and timely monthly financial reporting deliverables.
In coordination with relevant programme staff prepare financial plans and joint monitoring of NCA-funded partner’s projects, both in Kabul and at the field project levels.
Consolidate and quality assure submitted partner’s financial reports.
Provide finance-related (general finance and donor-related processes) capacity building for NCA and partners’ finance and programmes teams.
Contribute to meeting financial reporting requirements and deadlines.
NCA is one of the largest aid organisations in the Nordic region. We are there in disasters and emergencies to provide water and critical assistance to those affected. Together with our international network, we can reach millions of people each year and help make a positive difference around the world. We are determined to work towards eradicating injustice, and we, therefore, work passionately with advocacy, long-term development in local communities, and providing emergency assistance. As we see more and more people impacted by disasters, we now have an even stronger focus on providing more people with emergency relief and access to clean water. We believe that people in need must be helped, and we will not stop fighting for a just world.
NCA is seeking a competent and highly motivated Partnership Compliance officer to join our team in Afghanistan. In this key position under NCAs Head of Finance and Compliance, the Partnership compliance Officer will work in close coordination with all departments and has the responsibility to work
with partners. The NCA programmes in Afghanistan prevent and respond to economic empowerment, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), and humanitarian assistance. NCA works with local Afghan organisations, strengthening community ties through locally-driven projects.
Detail the main expectations for this position over the next period in regard to strategic targets and plans:
A) Work with NCA partners
1. Conduct financial assessments of all partner organisations during their selection process, as well as on regular basis assess the governance, internal controls, and risk assessments of partners.
2. Review partner organisation financial policies, practices, and processes for partners and provide feedback and support to improve them, as needed.
3. Monitor partner’s project-related financial practices, at least monthly and at the end of the implementation period:
Financial areas during project implementation to ensure compliance with partnership agreements and donor requirements.
Coordinate with the Procurement Officer to review partner programme procurement documentation.
Undertake monitoring visits or joint monitoring visits to partner project areas of operation and provide trip reports – both at the national and provincial levels.
Work closely with the Finance Manager to develop the overall findings, issues, and concerns that are identified during the verification and visits of the partners.
Work closely with the Program Coordinators to go through the budget and financial report verifications as well as the feedback of the partner’s monitoring visit.
Prepare monthly financial report/tracking of partners expenses for Program
Coordinators to monitor the partner’s project spending.
4. Advise and follow-up partner organisations on improving their internal controls and governance procedures.
5. Communicate to the Finance Manager the training needs and areas of improvement for partner finance/programme staff and develop a capacity-building plan for them.
6. Analyse budgets, forecasts, and variance analysis reports for partner projects, in consultation with NCA’s programme sector staff and the Finance Manager.
7. Work closely with the Senior Finance Coordinator for transfers to partners, in accordance with partnership agreements and submit partner periodical financial reports.
8. Work closely with the Finance Officer and Senior Finance Coordinator to verify submitted reports from Accompanied Partners.
9. Undertake verification of partner accounting data and review/verify invoices, payments, and receipts (including salary payments, cash, and cheque payments), and ensure proper documentation and authorization of all financial transactions, as per compliance to partner-authorized thresholds.
10. Maintain NCA’s 360 archive platform for all partner financial information and
B) Budgeting & Financial Planning for partner implementing projects:
1. Prepare regular and timely financial management /internal audit reports in cooperation with the Finance Manager for partners and the NCA country office.
2. Assist the Program Coordinators in finalizing the proposal budgets, financial reports, and costs estimates for partners’ project activities.
3. Assist the Finance Manager to prepare donor financial reports and proposal budgets and cost estimates for partner project activities.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Required competencies, work experience and proven results from previous positions: Five years or more in the Finance and Compliance Department of an international NGO or audit background is highly preferred Demonstrated competency with accounting software
One year with possibility of extension
Category II Step 2
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letters along with updated resumes no later than 31st Dec 2021. Please include the Partnership Compliance Officer in the subject line of your email. Afghan.firstname.lastname@example.org