The Pharmacy Assistant will be assisting pharmacy S officer in all pharmaceutical issues of the project in Sehatmandi Project
- Analyze data and reports coming for the HFs about stocks and provide feedback.
- Data entry on a monthly basis, linked to health facilities consumption report
- Control and validate the accuracy of medicine, medical supplies and medical equipment’s based on purchase reques
- The Pharmacy Assistant will be assist pharmacy officer in all pharmaceutical issues of the project in Maidan Warak Province.
- Assist the pharmacy department in overall management of pharmacy.
- Act as focal point and represent field office Pharmacy Officers.
- Facilitate the receipt and dispatch of drugs to field offices properly and according standard.
- Maintain proper records of the warehouse receipts, transfers, and disbursements. stock cards and balance updating.
- Maintain liaison with stakeholders for receiving essential supplies in time.
- Conduct supervisory visits from the medical stock of other bases.
- Overall management of the pharmacy warehouse.
- Support field Offices Pharmacy Officers review and analyze the Health facilities drug requests and consumptions and share the results with other technical staff.
- Reporting and drugs analysis of all projects.
- Receipt and packing of drugs, medical supply and medical equipment’s.
- Prepare and conduct regular field supervision and monitoring plan in terms of pharmacy related activities progress.
- Works for increasing quality of pharmacy related services of SCA projects in a regular basis
- Contribute his time on documentation and filling system in health department.
- Other related work that assigned by line manager.
- To have on time imitative in pharmacy relevant tasks
- He is responsible to keep drugs according MDS and other pharmaceutical standards in SCA warehouse.
- He is responsible to make sure RUD implementation and respect by HFs staff and to use the drugs and materials in a proper and efficient manner
- SCA Background SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
- Graduated from recognized Pharmacy Faculty/University.
- 2-3 years’ relevant experience in pharmacy management, especially within NGO, UN agencies and BPHS implementer. Experience in training and supervision
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Supervisory, team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of planning, reporting and budgeting
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive and well mannered.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
2-3 years’ relevant experience in pharmacy management, especially within NGO, UN agencies and BPHS implementer. Experience in training and supervision
According SCA Policy
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV and cover letter to email@example.com , clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line. Otherwise, your application will not be considered.
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested at the time of interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
- Application and CV receive after closing date of vacancy announcement will not be considered
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.