Background Information – Job-specific
The PMEAL Coordinator responsible for the Private Sector Development Programme will support PMEAL Director in building an effective PMEAL system for the Private Sector Development Programme. Furthermore, She/he will ensure great learning and incorporate learning into programmes/projects planning process, provides technical/PMEAL support to Private Sector Development programme’s manager, Technical Advisor and Provincial Coordinators, includes PMEAL Reginiol Officers to effective and smoothly monitor and implement their programme/projects.
The PMEAL Coordinator for Private Sector Development Programme will work under the PMEAL Director’s supervision and provide technical/PMEAL support to Private Sector Development Programme Manager, Techincal Advisor, Regional Field Coordinators, including the Regional PMEAL Officers (Kandahar & Herat provinces). She/he will maintain effective coordination with Programme Manager and Regional Field Coordinators & PMEAL Officers to ensure timely and correct measurement of results, outcomes, and impacts and to facilitate learning towards continuous improvements in the design and delivery of programmes and projects. S/he would also facilitate a systematic approach towards continuous knowledge generation and shared learning.
Programme Planning and Management
- Contribute an operational plan for Private Sector Development programme to ensure necessary programme planning, development and implementation take place smoothly and efficiently at provincial level.
- Support the PMEAL Director in working with Programme and Project Managers to provide technical input during proposal development, planning, internal reporting, and report writing.
- Assist/support the programme’s managers in translating the Private Sector Development programme objectives into specific results in designated programme areas.
- Maintain effective coordination with the Private Sector Development Programme Manager to ensure timely and correct measurement of results, outcomes and impacts and to facilitate learning towards continuous improvements in the design and delivery of programmes and projects.
- Prepare fact-based messages and quality material for distribution through social and printed media that effectively communicates to external audiences the challenges as well as results achieved in realizing security & justice for women.
- In close coordination with Programme managers and Regional Field Coordinators supervise/monitor local partners and develop partner monitoring and capacity building tools that enable quality, results orientation and integrity in the delivery of projects and programme through contractual arrangements with local partners.
- Collect information within the programme and reports about the results following required reporting standards and provide solutions to minimize the impact of deviations.
- Identify and inform the programme’s managers of successes, challenges and lessons learned, and record any issues related to project activities in Issues Management Log.
- Contribute in planning, conducting and/or respond to Cordaid performance evaluation reviews and surveys.
- Identify the need for support with partners’ organizations and translates this into customized forms of support, taking into account the background and circumstances of individuals in partner organizations.
- Carry out specific training, mentoring and other capacity-building activities for local partners staff in planning, training, supervision, monitoring, and other technical areas
Result Based Monitoring/Implementation of Programmes/Projects
- Establish/develop and coordinate a participatory, workable and smooth process monitoring system for each individual project, particularly for Private Sector Development Programme.
- Undertake regular field visits to gather information on results related to activities to ensure that all relevant data from the field is captured, documented and reported in a timely and results-based manner for key stakeholders (donors, clusters, etc.) and for internal purposes.
- Develop annual and quarterly Monitoring and Evaluation plans for Private Sector Development programmes.
- Analyze PMEAL data and produce reports with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Cordaid’s programmes/operations colleagues to ensure efficient and effective implementation and monitoring of programmes/projects.
- Ensure that PMEAL findings are reflected and their recommendations are incorporated in next quarter activities and implementation plans.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews) and data/information dissemination/utilization plans.
- DevResult/CammCare and Knowledge/Learning Management
- Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge/lessons learned that are gained through PMEAL activities among Programme Managers and Regional Field Coordinators.
- Ensure timely information on progress and results is available by compiling, organizing, analyzing, monitoring, and preparing data for situation reports, fact sheets, donor reports, briefing notes, and other reporting and communications products, including pictures and videos.
- Document and share lessons learned and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of projects and influences the strategic development of future projects and activities.
- Contribute to the development and introduction of innovation to ensure Cordaid is continually incorporating best practice approaches in Country Office Operations and Cordaid Community of Practice (CoP).
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for corporate development planning and knowledge.
- Support project implementation and improvement by providing timely information around project successes to be scaled up as well as challenges to allow course correction’ throughout the life of the programme.
- Support project managers in recording project data and information into DevResult and other software that Cordaid uses for data recording.
- Timely monitor the status of information into DevResult and other data collection software to ensure that it is up to date according to the projects recent achievements and performance.
- Support project implementation and improvement by providing timely information around project successes to be scaled up as well as challenges to allow ‘course correction’ throughout the life of the programmes.
Beneficiary Complaint/Feedback and Response Mechanism (CRFM)
- Ensure the effective functioning of the beneficiary CFRM with beneficiary complaints/feedback adequately captured, analyzed, addressed and responded to in a timely manner and utilized by the programme and coordination teams.
- Develop beneficiary’s complaints and response quarterly report based on the CRFM central database and data captured from beneficiaries during one quarter.
- Build capacity and understanding among Cordaid staff, partners and contractors on beneficiary accountability and CRFM.
- Organize available knowledge on indicators and follow up of hotline/complaint system feedback and develop reports accordingly.
Support Effective Security in the Field
- Comply with the policies, procedures and execution of the Country Security Plan.
- Coordinate with the (Country) Security Advisor the planning and execution of field visits.
Undertake other duties as may be assigned by the PMEAL Director
The successful delivery of results by the PMEAL Coordinator directly impacts the performance of programmes and projects implemented by Cordaid as well as its reputation as an effective partner in achieving positive results that lead to flourishing communities in fragile settings.
Background Information – Cordaid
Cordaid was established in 2000, when several Dutch aid organizations joined forces. But our history goes back more than a century. Cordaid has changed over the years and is more than a donor now. Reducing fragility has become our core priority and we work in all contexts of fragility, from relief, through rehabilitation to longer term development. To do this effectively we seek funds, start partnerships and compete on a global market.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments and inspired by compassion, solidarity and subsidiarity, Cordaid’s mision is to reduce fragility and the vulnerability of people where it is most needed and most difficult. We recognize that the overriding challenge in fragile and (post-)conflict countries is restoring trust and social cohesion, at community level and between communities and the state. This is what Cordaid does, right in the heart of communities, by mobilizing global networks, resources and knowledge. By doing this, we help people move beyond survival and live in dignity.
Cordaid does this by promoting equality and social inclusion, by increasing the resilience of people and societies and by strengthening the social contract between citizens and their governments. Wherever we can, we combine lifesaving humanitarian aid with the longer-term improvement of health care systems, economic opportunities and resilience, and the promotion of security and justice.
Background Information – Afghanistan Country Office
Cordaid is working in and on fragility, and has been active in Afghanistan since 2001, aiming at a stable and peaceful country. We work in 6 thematic areas, supported by lobby and advocacy activities: health care, extractives, security and justice, humanitarian aid, resilience and private sector development. We provide programmatic leadership and require that our operations and those of our local partners are implemented to the highest standards complemented with knowledge generation that incorporates best practices and lessons learned.
- Preferable Master’s degree in (Economics, Commerce, Business and Social Sciences).
- Experience of working with the Private Sector or Businesses is an advantage.
- Knowledge of project development concept, project cycle management, logical framework approach etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with project PMEAL development based on a participatory approach.
- At least 5 years of experience that combines strategic, managerial and technical leadership in the area of planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and/or learning.
- Strong communication skills for effectively working with stakeholders and co-workers.
- Good capacity building and management skills, including financial management, communications and intercultural cooperation skills
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis programme.
- A networker, diplomatic and results oriented, with the ability to work under stressful and time bound project conditions.
- Flexible and capable of working in a stressful context.
- Prior knowledge of the provinces is an asset
- Good oral and written communication skills in English language.
- Good oral and written communication skills in Dari or Pashto language.
- Ability to clearly and convincingly communicate ideas and concepts in writing and orally.
- Ability to go beyond established procedures and models, and to introduce new approaches and strategic innovations.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial and monitoring skills of communities through capacity-building efforts.
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, co-ordination and negotiation skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, creativity and innovation, learning, accountability, planning and organization, results orientation, teamwork and technological solutions.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes knowledge management in Cordaid and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to support strategic planning, results-based management and reporting.
- Good knowledge of best practices in planning.
- Good knowledge of best practices in PMEAL
- Good understanding of project management principles and practices.
Management and Leadership
Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Leads teams effectively and shows mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Till end of December 2021
NTA Salary Scale, Grade C
Please submit your CV and cover letter (in one pdf file), with the position name and vacancy number in your email subject or otherwise your email will be rejected from system.
Please note that applications received after the closing date and without Subject line will not be given consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for test/interview.
Note: Only application send to below address will be considered. Applications send to any other address even within the organization cannot be considered.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.