Job Summary: The Pro bono cases manager is responsible for arrange manage and implement pro bono cases for all defense lawyers based on regular bases and case studies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide applicants and provide necessary information as required
- Complete documentation process of applicants referring to AIBA for pro bono cases
- Distribute pro bono cases to defense lawyers for representation before courts of law
- Record and update data in relevant database on regular basis and keep accurate data.
- Follow up pro bono cases distributed to defense lawyers and attain result for recording purposes.
- update relevant database if required.
- Draft official correspondence and letters,
- Cooperate with other departments specially license department
- Establish effective cases referral system.
- Coordinate with other legal aid provider organizations.
- Prepare reports on regular basis
- IT duties such as Web update and networking
- Perform other tasks assigned by line manager.
AIBA was established in 2007 pursuant to the Advocates’ Law as statutory body mandated as a professional association providing training, pro-bono coordination, and advocacy for its members, as well as it is responsible for licensing, discipline and regulations for attorney throughout Afghanistan. AIBA is governed by a board of fifteen members, of which minimum three members should be female, as stated in its constitution. Since its establishment, AIBA’s main focus has been increasing its membership of registered defense lawyers to afford Afghans their legal rights and offer legal assistance, including pro bono work, to women, children and men. the current membership of AIBA stand approximately at 5000 defense attorney across Afghanistan. AIBA has regional offices in Balkh, Herat, Nangarhar, Kandahar and Konduz provinces.
All candidates with above qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line title of position or job number till June 30 2021, no C.Vs will be considered after the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for test and interview.