III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Assist in the preparation of contracts related to procurement of various goods and services for the overall mission, ensuring that IOM LEG approved templates are used in line to IOM instructions and regulations.
2. Assist Transport Manager in preparation of vehicles lease agreements, insurance and other related documents.
3. Coordinate with procurement staff to ensure all necessary documents are available prior contract approval and signature.
4. Ensure that all contracts are signed by CoM or designated staff member, in line to mission policy.
5. Check the completeness of supporting documents such as PR/PO’s PRIMS related to lease agreements and ensure proper and timely MIGO transactions are completed.
6. Coordinate with finance unit in obtaining necessary WBS for all property lease agreements.
7. Assist logistics/procurement officer in negotiation and preparation of property lease agreements.
8. Liaise with LEG department in preparation and approval codes for all mission contracts.
9. Establish comprehensive filing system for all contract related transactions.
10. When necessary, assist procurement staff in procurement related processes, such as identification of vendors, collecting offers, preparation of BAS, issuance of PO/Contracts and delivery of ordered goods/services.
11. Assist Logistics / Procurement Assistants in coordinating payments for Beneficiaries/Vendors/Contractors.
12. Prepare payment requests.
13. Ensure electronic copies of all logistics and procurement documents, are available and properly stored.
14. Ensure proper filing system is in place for all logistics and procurement documents.
Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
II. Organizational Context and Scope:
Brief definition of the organizational context, reporting lines and scope, for example:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the National Procurement Officer and the overall supervision of the Logistics and Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for preparation of contracts related to procurement of various goods services and leases for the overall mission and as well providing logistics/procurement and administrative support to projects within the mission at sub-office levels.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Note: Appointment is subject to funding availability.
Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned.
Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with clients
Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
V. Education and Experience:
University degree in the relevant field of expertise Law, (Business Administration, Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Logistics, Procurement, Management) or alternatively a combination of related education and experience in this field.
Minimum 2 years of relevant Procurement/Contracting and Logistics experience is required at the national level
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Previous work experience with the UN and or government an asset
English- Fluency is required
Dari and Pashto- working Knowledge or other language is an advantage
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum 2 years of relevant Procurement/Contractin
6 Months with possibility of extension
Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae by the following e-mail address:
email@example.com and by Close of Business (CoB) 15 June 2021 latest, referring to this advertisement quoting the above vacancy notice number. Candidates holding an IOM contract, please update your information in your IOM SAP account, and submit that with your curriculum vitae to the mentioned email address, applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
To create IOM PHF, please refer below:
IOM Staff inside IOM network, please update your information in your IOM SAP account, please print and sent that to the mentioned email address along with your CV.
External candidate with no account yet in the IOM website, Click here to create your account.
External candidate and already have an account, Click here
IOM Staff outside IOM network, Click here