Procurement Officer Job description:
- Management of administrative tasks of the Procurement department.
- Assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards, and costing.
- Responsible for order placement timing, supply/demand alignment, material replenishment, and supplier performance.
- Monitor, evaluate and improve supplier performance, according to an appropriate Service Level Agreement, on a continuous basis.
- Receive orders from various departments.
- Monitor delivery times to ensure they are on time.
- Keep daily records.
- Researches new products and services to meet the company’s goals.
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels.
- Reports to the general manager.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain the best price and service.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve financial goals.
- Preparing technical and commercial offers with collaboration with the procurement team.
- Preparing the RFQs based on the tenders and the project’s requirements.
- Identify proper suppliers of required goods and services.
- Negotiate terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc.
- Liaise with suppliers and project managers regarding updates and details of goods.
- Create purchase orders and tally these with supply requests and orders.
- Analyze invoices to ensure accuracy of goods delivered.
- Monitor inventory to ensure the flow of goods remains positive.
- Attend meetings with the legal department to ensure any contractual obligations are favorable to the company.
- Work closely with the projects team to understand details of procurement requirements.
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts with vendors.
- Purchase all supplies and materials for our operations.
- Submit purchase orders and forward invoices to our accounts payable department.
- And, other related tasks which are not limited to the above list.
New Hafiz Habib Ltd (NHH Ltd) has been established in 2009. The Company is officially registered by the general department of “CBR” Ministry of Commerce and Industry and is now on the path to conquering high peaks of success and achieving its true status among the top trading and construction companies in the country. We are proud of our continued success as we are one of the fastest-growing trading and Construction companies of Afghanistan in the field of Power systems including transmission lines, substations, distributions, renewable energy and construction’s Solutions. Simultaneously, our team is experienced in multiple project management. Today, we are working with a cross-section of the world’s leading and renowned brands in their respective domains. NHH Ltd. is well-connected to numerous international manufacturers from Switzerland, Germany, China, turkey, India, Russia, south coria, central Asia and Iran….etc. which manufacture and supply the high possible quality products required by private and government entities. The Company prides itself on being a reliable project partner to its clients. All of our customers get equal professional and quality services.
- Bachelor or master’s degree with most relevant fields of study for this role include:
- Public policy and administration
The necessary skills needed for this position are as follows:
- Knowledge of procurement law and regulations
- Office package.
- UN Procurement knowledge
- Additional certification in the field of procurement desired.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
4 year similar experience
Six months extendable, one month probation period included.
As per organization policy.
The candidates are requested to send their CV and cover letter to the below email address.
The email must have the following subject line: NHH/2022/PO/1
Applicants failing to provide the above subject line their CVs will not be reviewed. Strongly not recommend those applicants who can not fulfill the requirement, DO NOT SEND CVs.
Submission email address: email@example.com
For any urgent info please contact: +93744874488
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.