Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow up with various unit heads for getting the procurement requests, submitted, receiving, and registering them after exercising the due checks as per the prescribed checklist
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of all the required procurement documents, including purchase requests, quotations, and invoices/bills
- Work closely with finance to ensure liabilities to suppliers are correctly stated in the system.
- Routinely perform suppliers and inventory reconciliations to ensure inventories (products) and positions (balances) match with documentation and generate supplier’s statements to show amounts paid and remaining balance.
- Responsible to get purchase requisitions orders generated, and getting them appropriately signed and approved by signatories and properly documented.
- Responsible to get the quotations from the market available as needed and carry out purchases for goods and services.
- Follow the directions of the line manager and collaboration with finance on the compliance requirements related to purchases, and advance clearance.
- Check routinely the warehouse facilities so that to keep the equipment, tools, and instruments operational.
- Will be involved from time to time with custom clearance processes for imported goods.
- Assist the line manager with preparing and announcing the RFQ (request for quotation), bookings for tickets and hotels, and other administrative works.
- Perform other tasks/activities assigned by the line manager and management
Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) is a social marketing and behavioral change communication organization established in August 2008. ASMO is a free-standing, not-for-profit Afghan organization that aims to create positive health outcomes by giving Afghan households the information they need to make informed and healthy choices and expanding access to high-quality health products through commercial markets.
From its inception to date ASMO successfully implemented multimillion Dollar projects in Afghanistan through sub-awards sponsored by USAID focusing to improve maternal and child health outcomes through the private sector.
Education & Qualifications: High school graduate or Bachelor’s degree in business administration would be a plus
Industry experience: At least 4 years of experience in procurement, logistics, and warehouse with international or national NGOs
Technical skills: Strong negotiation skills with vendors and suppliers for providing goods and services as per ASMO needs and interests
Management skills: Collaborating with departments and partners to identify program-related needs and allocate resources accordingly.
Technology skills: Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Language skills: Fluent in local languages (verbal and written). Excellent English language skills (both, oral and written)
Communication skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills, being able to describe the goods and services in proper detail to vendors and suppliers
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
As per NTA salary scale
The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to the Human Resource Department of Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO).
• Subject line must be (ASMO/PWA/06/22) otherwise the application will NOT be considered.
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of the email.
• Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered