- In collaboration with the Programme Manager, the Medical Coordinator and the rest of team, the PM supports in the definition, implementation and monitoring of the activities, according to INTERSOS project plans and mission strategy, standards and protocols Participates in exploratory missions, situation assessments, field visits on ongoing programs (providing technical inputs and recommendations for new and ongoing interventions in the country and defining operational priorities when needed) and the development of the project policy and annual plan. Participates in the preparation and finalization of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with key stakeholders for the programmes activities. In coordination with the Programme Manager and Medical Coordinator, establish and maintain regular and collaborative relations with relevant donors, local authorities, partners, actors, project stakeholders and other organizations working in the target areas. Proactively participate in cluster meetings and relevant inter-sectorial coordination meetings, contributing to the development of guidelines, standards, tools and strategies. Monitor the project data collection, analysis and reporting. Ensure a correct use of the internal databases and monitoring tools. Provide technical support to the Medical Activity Managers and coaching as requested by Programme Manager through self-knowledge and policies, ensuring compliance with the protocols of INTERSOS activities Contribute to evaluate the Medical Activity Managers’’ performance to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with INTERSOS protocols and standards. Collaborate with the Programme Manager and in close coordination with the Medical Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, development and internal/external communication) of the medical staffs of the projects in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and improve staffs capacities Supervise an efficient management of the pharmaceutical supplies including medical equipment, in collaboration with the Medical coordinator, Pharmacist and Logistics Department. In collaboration and under the supervision of the Programme Manager, monitor consumption and preparation of medical orders to provide drugs and other medical supplies including consumables at all circumstances and avoid stock ruptures. Liaise with provincial and national health authorities for the smooth provision of supplies such as RUTF,vaccines and EPREP if needed in coordination with the Medical coordinator. In close coordination with the Coordinators and clusters, develop and establish internal and external functional and effective referral and coordination mechanisms at field level. Support the coordination of INTERSOS programme activities (opening and closure of mission, interim, reduced activities, etc.). Support the dentification of new areas of interventions as well as supporting the writing of new project proposals.
INTERSOS is an Italian non-profit humanitarian aid organisation that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 , its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected. INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure.
- Advanced university degree. Degree in Public Health will be an asset
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience as project referent / coordinator / advisor in the humanitarian sector
- Experience with monitoring tools and systems in the health and nutrition sectors
- Proficiency in English, Pashto and Dari languages is highly essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles.
- Comply with all relevant INTERSOS policies and procedures.
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
- Prior experience working in Kabul Province
- Residence in Kabul is preferred
- Good report writing and proposal writing skills
- Experience in managing and supervising team
- Experience in trainings and capacity building / development of staff is desirable
- Priori experience with budget and financial planning
- Ability and willingness to travel and stay overnight at service delivery point if needed.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum 2 years relevant work experience as project referent / coordinator / advisor in the humanitarian sector
10 month with possibility of extension
As per the salary scale
Please submit your updated profile and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly write the job title Location and vacancy number in the subject line of your application. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test/interview.
Applications without subject line will not be entertained.