- Ensure smooth project implementation to achieve project goals and planned outcomes in compliance with national, organisational and donor regulations. Provide strategic direction and technical support to the project staff in relation to the strategic outcomes/results of the project. Ensure local level ownership and pro-active involvement of local stakeholders in the project’s implementation. Prepare a project implementation plan, as well as annual, quarterly and monthly work plans linked to the project documents including the LFA. Put in place a quarterly and monthly progress review and planning mechanism for the project team. Supervise the implementation of project interventions and activities. Ensure the project has a comprehensive complaints and feedback mechanism in place.
Financial and Logistics Management
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly spending forecasts linked to the project documents including LFA; monitor budget utilization.
- Oversee financial management and ensure transparency in the utilization of financial resources. Ensure that financial spending/expenses approved and incurrent are in line with the project budget. Prepare a procurement plan and ensure timely procurement of services, goods and materials following Afghanaid’s as well as the donor’s procurement and logistics rules and regulations.
Human Resource Management
- Take the lead in the recruitment of project staff with support of the Human Resources department. Ensure all staff have clarity about their roles and responsibilities. Ensure the senior project staff have performance objectives and regular one-on-one meetings. Provide technical guidance and capacity development to the project team; build the capacity of staff through coaching, mentoring and exploring learning opportunities. Determine the need for hiring consultant/s for technical input, draft terms of reference and commission consultancies on a needs basis. Ensure a comprehensive safeguarding strategy is implemented and followed.
Networking, Coordination and Representation
- Represent Afghanaid in relevant coordination forums at the provincial / national level Induct all key stakeholders in the salient elements of the project. Facilitate visits of donor mission to the project areas if requested, and ensure that they are briefed properly. Develop an active network for mutual learning and exchange of experiences with other partners working in the province and at the regional level. Take an active role in organizing dissemination workshops.
Reporting and Communications
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly internal progress reports to the Director of Programme Implementation and Quality and the Board of Trustees Prepare drafts of quarterly and annual reports, as well as any other report that may be asked for by the donor and submit them to the Project Development and Resource Mobilisation department (PDRM) Coordinate with PDRM, the London team and the MEL unit to develop project specific brochures, information for Afghanaid’s official website, case studies, and a portfolio of project photos of the before / after situation as visual evidence of outputs and impact.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Work closely with M&E unit in the Head Office for putting in place a monitoring framework and MIS to track results of the project interventions at different stages. Support the M&E team and ensure collection, compilation and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data to measure progress and outcomes of the project. Support the M&E unit to ensure that capacity of relevant staff is built in M&E. Ensure that the baseline survey, annual, and end-line surveys, and any other additional research and evaluation that may have to be conducted are carried out.
7. Security Management
- Take responsibility for managing the security of project staff and assets, in close coordination with the provincial security focal points, the Head of Security and the line manager.
Any other duties as and when assigned by the line manager, MD and/or Directorate.
Afghanaid is a British international NGO (www.afghanaid.org.uk) that has been working in Afghanistan since 1983. Headquartered in Kabul, Afghanaid implements projects directly in 4 provinces and through partners in a further number of provinces and maintains a marketing and fundraising office in London. Afghanaid works in some of the most remote areas of the country and through a range of programme interventions supports development of basic services, such as water and sanitation, access roads, education facilities and other community infrastructure; strengthens livelihoods through improved natural resource management, agricultural and small enterprise development, and improved access to markets; and provides humanitarian assistance in times of emergencies. Gender mainstreaming, local governance and community development are integrated into all of Afghanaid’s work. The results achieved have earned Afghanaid the respect and recognition of stakeholders as an effective and collaborative charity.
The position holder must possess a Master degree in Business Administration, Project Management, International Development, Social Science or equivalent professional qualification.
Minimum 5-7 years of experience implementing development projects. Highly developed reporting, budget monitoring, and management skills. Excellent knowledge of community development and social mobilisation. Proven management ability and strong interpersonal skills – team player. Problem solving and leadership skills. Ability to deal with difficult, often frustrating work situations. Sensitivity to the Islamic culture. Commitment to support/develop the capacity of the national staff and of rural communities. Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses. Ability to manage conflicting priorities in personal workload. Knowledge of exit strategies and sustainability issues.Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.Experience in preparing excellent, coherent, well-organised reports.Sound understanding of international humanitarian and development work.Experience and strong understanding of security and operating environment in Afghanistan
- Experience or familiarity with UN-women funded projects. Knowledge of Uzbeki langnuage
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in leadership, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management, programme development, monitoring & evaluation and reporting. Specifically, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
Essential:Fluency in written and speaking English. A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities and ability to promote the same commitment in others.Excellent conceptual and analytical skills able to distil key ideas with clarity and precision.Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.Ability to lead and influence others with diplomacy and tact.High-level proficiency in relevant enterprise-wide software packages and office applications, including spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint and Outlook. Personal integrity with initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment.Strong organisational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy, manage personal priorities and meet tight deadlines.Business oriented with a commitment to build Afghanaid’s agility and grow its reputation.Flexible and dynamic with the ability to deal with difficult, often ambiguous and challenging situations and creatively solve problems.Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.Regular trips to Samangan
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and your name in the subject line by 21 October 2021. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.