Under the direct supervision of the National Coordinator- Health, the project officer is responsible to oversee and provide technical support to regional staff on COVID-19, mental health, and psychosocial and Nutrition activities of Strengthening COVID-19 response in Afghanistan project. In addition, the incumbent will support the national coordinator in implementation, budget utilization with accordance to the donor approved work plan and budget to achieve the target goal of the project. He will also coordinate the activities with the partners including Cordaid and other stakeholders including the MoPH.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support to regional health team on implementation of project activities including mental health and psychosocial, COVID-19 and nutrition are being implementing as per the approved work plan. Track the progress against the agreed work plan and ensure the budget utilization according to the allocated budget. To conduct supportive supervisions to all targeted provinces for ensuring the project proper implementation. To track the project achievements in close coordination with M&E/MIS. To assist the National Coordinator in development of monthly, quarterly, semi- annual and annual reports of the project on timely bases. Contribute in the process for developing project annual plan, implementation schedule and yearly plan of operation (YPO) for the projects implement by health team. To manage arrangement of all required trainings and capacity building programs to the project staff and stakeholders within the national and regional level. Increase the projects staff capacity through supervision, workshops, trainings, and regular consultation for improved performance and achieving better results and targeted outputs and outcomes of the projects. Work closely with other AKF sectors in identifying areas for collaboration and program integration that help utilizing program budget efficiently and address stakeholders’ expectations with minimal resources. To support the Project coordinator in development of monthly report, quarterly report, annual and final project reports. Support regional teams in developing of annual, monthly, and weekly work plans for proper implementation of the project. To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to preserving AKF’s Safeguarding standards for organization, staff, beneficiaries, and stakeholders. Comply with AKF policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures. Respect the target communities’ cultures, traditions, and costumes. Respect all AKF policies, rules and regulations and practice accordingly. To do any other task, with the field of competence, as line manager may request. To carry out responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults in accordance with the Safeguarding Policy and Child Safeguarding Policy. To report any suspicions or actual violations of the Safeguarding Policy and and/or Child Safeguarding Policy as per the given training.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct capacity building sessions on COVID-19, Nutrition, mental health and psychosocial to technical staff when required.
- To Maintain a good organizational working relationship within the departments and other AKF’A sectors at national and regional offices and AKDN sister agencies.
- To maintain close relationship with Cordaid for tracking the project progress in their targeted areas.
DECISION-MAKING & AUTHORITY
- Confirm the yearly plan of operation for the relevant project.
- Provide the feedbacks to the projects related staff and regular follow up for improvement in the project’s implementation.
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities. The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non- profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries. AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
- Preferably a Medical Doctor graduated from a recognized medical university with minimum 3 years hands-on-experience in managing health projects; particularly in COVID-19 and communicable dieses outbreaks, Nutrition and supporting Mental Health and Psychosocial programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, and local languages verbally and in writing.
- Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages.
- Very good interpersonal communication and managerial skills.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
- Attention to details & Technical Skills.
- Management, Leadership & Communication skill.
- Writing, Reading and strong listening Skills.
- Creativity, Initiative, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Effective communication skills and self-confident.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
3 years hands-on-experience in managing health projects; particularly in COVID-19 and communicable dieses outbreaks, Nutrition and supporting Mental Health and Psychosocial programs.
One year- Extendable based on fund availability
Grade D based on NTA salary scale
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to Jobs.email@example.com
no later than 05th July 2022.
- Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
- No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
- Salary scale: Grade D based on NTA Salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.