Project officer (PO) is responsible for running and supervising the related activities at all stages of the project management cycle. He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the project outputs and outcomes within the contextual constraints. The PO ensures the overall success of the project by making sure the project team completes the defined activities while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations; and that the project is completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality.
- Review and update the project implementation plan for effective implementation of the Winterization assistance project.
- Formulate project implementation & mobilization plans for target province/districts.
- Provide management and oversee technical requirements, which includes program deliverables and results.
- Develop work plans for the project, and ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with the specific work plans and schedule.
- Establish and maintain appropriate project governance and controls, project gates, documentation, reports and information management.
- Ensure achievement of all project milestones within the planned timeframe.
- Respond to all project reporting requirements, including monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annual program reports.
- Contribute to fundraising initiatives, including assisting in the writing of proposals.
- Participate and represent in relevant forums, conferences and trainings.
- Support formulation of strategies and monitor progress towards the achievement of project goals.
- Carry out technical supervision of the design activities and construction works in targeted communities.
- Support project management works with stakeholders and partners including other existed NGOs and private sectors in the area.
- Review and provide inputs on project related M&E activities to track progress and evaluate results.
- Manage the project team human resources and provide technical support, training and capacity building.
- Manage and control program budget through the passing of timely orders, the preparation of monthly forecasts and the monitoring of expenditure.
- Track the progress of activities, ensure the collecting of program indicators and provide on-time internal status reports.
- Ensure that all data and information is updated, well organized and easily accessible; and that lessons learnt and best practice are capitalized
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Manager.
- Must have knowledge of key humanitarian principal and other international laws and Sphere Standards
- Good English language written, and oral communication skills are required.
- Fully proficient computer and communication skills
- Analytical, organizational and management skills
- Interpersonal and team-working skills
Rural Rehabilitation Association for Afghanistan (RRAA) as non-profit, non-governmental, and non-political NGO established in 1990. The head office of the organization is located in Kabul, Afghanistan and delivers humanitarian services in the sectors of WASH, Good governance, Emergency and Livelihood through it four regional offices in Mazar, Herat, Jalalabad and central zone in a decentralized manner.
- Minimum three to five years of relevant experience with NGOs
- Should have Good analytical skills
- High quality reporting skill is required
- Ability to effectively work in team environment
- Should speak in both local languages and English
- Good communication skills
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Three to five years of relevant experience with NG
According to organization salary scale
Interested applicants must email copy of their CV and application letter with a subject Project officer RRAA/Ghor/PO/213/2020 no later than 29 December 2020. late applications will not be considered. Please do not attach your education documents. Preference will be given to local qualified candidates. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.