Purpose of Position:
ACHRO is looking a full-time Project Officer (PO) (based in Kandahar, Afghanistan). The PO position will provide support the Project in Kandahar in Wheat value chain. Main responsibilities of the PO will include timely and quality reporting, information management and communication with support office,
Major Responsibilities of the position:
- Coordinate project reporting, implementation, and evaluation with all relevant staff by using the defined processes.
- Coordinate with technical specialists, operations, finance and procurement staff and donor offices to ensure programming according to donor regulations.
- Prepare monthly, annual and end-of-project narrative reports, situational reports and other reports as necessary.
- Monitor project’s progress ensuring goals and objectives are achieved
- Support reporting to afghan government line ministries
- The project officer will help agriculture specialist in facilitating sustainable linkages between buyers and processors, traders, and producers, tailoring technical assistance at each level of the value chain to enable them to meet market demands.
- The project officer will work with agriculture specialist to promote overall market development of wheat.
- Responsible to get key objectives and increase the efficiency of market chains in the project area through improved market information flows, and by strengthening linkages between buyers with sellers;
- To decrease the total cost of agriculture products from farm to wholesale markets through reduced pre-harvest losses, improved assembly, packing, and transport services;
- He is entitled to assist agriculture specialist in identifying the buyer requirements, increase agriculture product quality differentiation in markets through improved grading and sorting activities.
- He will be assisting agriculture specialist in reducing post-harvest losses which can yield substantial profit increases for farmers. Interventions will focus on promoting the adoption of techniques to reduce product post-harvest losses due to food spoilage and damage.
- He will guide the annual crops producers on production and postharvest level, perennial and technical guidance, land preparation, seed and sapling selection, plating, irrigation timing and amounts.
- Assist the agriculture specialist to lead the weed, pest and disease management, fertilizer application, pruning and other agronomic culture practices.
- Lead and assist the proper harvesting techniques in field packing, transporting, sorting and grading and storage.
- Assist in Conduct Trainings for growers which will focus on basic sorting, cold and cool storage, for Wheat.
- Provide Technical assistance and improve post-harvest handling of Wheat.
- Help in Identifying potential private sector input suppliers through which project beneficiaries will purchase farm inputs such as Wheat.
- Assist in the formation of value chain partnerships and networks, notably by assessing and reviewing existing value chain priorities, stakeholders and projects;
- The incumbent will report to donor and Kabul program department on a monthly basis;
- Able to write report on monthly, quarterly, annual and semi- annual reports.
- Assist in demonstration of harvesting techniques, timing, threshing, cleaning, seed classification/certification and storage.
Afghan Community and Health Rehabilitation Organization (ACHRO) is non-political, non for profit, non- governmental organization registered on April, 08, 2010 under registration # 1658 with the Ministry of Economy of GIRoA. ACHRO has also been registered or recognized as partner with more than 40 national and International organizations, ACHRO is directly and indirectly working with five line ministries with the government of Afghanistan including Ministry of education, MAIL and MoRR.
ACHRO has been working in different provinces of Afghanistan, for more than 10 years. ACHRO is addressing health, education, food security, agriculture and livelihood to improve the wellbeing of community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Social Sciences, Business, Administration, or related field, Master will be preferred.
- Abel to write and verbally communicate clearly and concisely in English, Pushto & Dari.
- Strong Organizational skills
- Strong Computer Spreadsheet and word processing skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidently
- Stress tolerance
- Able to work with team
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
As per Organization salary scale
Interested and qualified candidates should send his/her updated CV with an application letter to: email@example.com , please mention vacancy number and title of the position in the subject line otherwise your application will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidate who meets the requirement will be shortlisted.