- Participate in Programme Design processes as requested by Project Manager Engaging with community and government during design workshops regarding their issues and building common understanding of local context. Assess protection needs and community assets to identify risks and vulnerabilities including those related to gender and age. Develop concrete strategies / initiatives to reduce these risks involving and building upon assets within the affected population and strengthening the capacity of displaced communities and other vulnerable groups to protect themselves. Provide leadership in identifying effective approaches for addressing identified issues in the local context, ensuring that project designs reflect WV’s technical approaches and best practices in protection, and also the needs of local program area Ensure emergency technical standards are incorporated into project intervention plans.
Programme Implementation and Monitoring:
- Make regular field visits to monitor the protections problems and concerns of vulnerable people and groups: eg exploitation and abuse including sexual and gender-based violence separated children abusive or arbitrary detention forced involvement in fighting forces forced relocation etc. Provide legal counselling update service mapping referral and follow up of protection cases with relevant service providers. Ensure assigned tasks in implementation (most commonly training or coaching to community partners) are delivered on time, Prior to an activity being implemented, ensure that the necessary materials are prepared to do this well. For example, if there is a series of trainings in child protection, ensure that their training materials are relevant and in a simple and easy to use format, During project implementation, provide guidance and direction on implementation activities to ensure that activities are implemented in accordance with necessary standards such as SPHERE, Guidelines for Case Management and Child Protection, Minimum Standards for CP in Humanitarian Action, etc, During activity implementation, conduct periodic (monthly) monitoring visits to assess whether activities are being done to the required standard, highlight key concerns, conduct visits to groups to ensure relevant technical support is provided, Conduct monthly monitoring of beneficiaries to assess the extent to which they are remembering and utilising inputs they have received, Provide monitoring reports to the Project Manager to highlight areas of strength and weakness in delivery by community partners. Based on these, and in coordination with the other officers, develop plans for improvement.
Networking & Coordination
- Maintain good working relationships with the partner agencies and service providers that enhance case referral and transfer. Work with the protection/project teams to ensure close links between case management, other sectoral activities and the work with community-based child protection mechanism. Participate in internal meetings and coordinate with other programme/sector teams.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards. Adhere to WV accountability standards. To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of fragile interventions.
- Prepare and submit weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports to the Project manager, summarising plans and achievements. Compiling information regarding the progress and quality of project implementation, successes, challenges and changes in behaviour or capacity that are being seen. During monthly meetings, share information about successes and challenges that have been seen in different areas of the programme for lessons learnt and laying out improvement plans.
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities. There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods. World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
- Minimum 2 year of experience implementing protection or child protection programmes in humanitarian settings Experience in community mobilisation and conducting outreach activities Experience in implementing programme with case management and psychosocial support components is desirable Experience and willingness in conducting assessments and regular home visits in the field/remote areas particularly in engaging families and communities to address sensitive issues Worked in a team setting and able to collaborate effectively with other stakeholders Must have basic level computer skills- Word –Excel Commitment to and understanding of WV’s aims, values and principles
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- 16th Grade in psychology, social work, sociology, and other social sciences relevant. Certification or other recognized courses on Protection, Child Protection, Gender-based Violence, International Humanitarian Law or other relevant subject Basic knowledge of child protection principles and programming approaches Strong interpersonal skills, ethical sensitivity and ability to effectively communicate with children and their caregivers Knowledge and awareness of inter-agency Child Protection in Humanitarian Action tools, guidelines and other resources is an asset Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills – self-motivated individuals, able to take initiative and propose solutions, resilient, positive, and able to work independently
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Prior experience in working with INGO is preferred Prior experience working as a Protection Officer Prior experience in fragile contexts and humanitarian respons
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
The position is based in Ghor/ Faryab with frequent travel to the project districts and communities
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
2 y EX, implementing protection,child protection programmes in humanitarian settings
As Per WVA Salary Scale
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview. Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply. را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1272) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered. Mobile:+93 799 838 452 ( “For those who may distribute our announcement in other social media (Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp etc….), this is kindly asked to please copy the vacancy link from ACBAR job site and share it with your posts”. No translation to local language or edit of the vacancy is permitted.” : نوتلطفا سی وی خویش را بیشتر از یک بار ارسال ننمایید ارسال مکررسی وی تان به بست فوق باعث پرشدن صندق دریافت سی وی ها خواهد شد و ما قادر نخواهیم بود تا سی وی تانرا دانلودکنیم