She will provide psychosocial support, basic case management support to survivors of gender-based violence through individual counselling follow up support, referrals, and dissemination of information on available GBV services to encourage access to services.
She will collaboration with the Program Manager oversee provision of individual or group psychosocial support, information sharing sessions and other activities that promote social support networks and cohesion with women and girls at Women safe spaces.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide direct support and care for survivors of gender-based violence, including counselling and basic case management.
- Assessment sheet needs to be prepared for the psychosocial needs of clients.
- Work with supervisor in planning and implementing activities related to psychosocial counseling and services including community education, group counseling sessions, individual counseling sessions.
- Developing an action plan with clients and Implementing the plan with clients
- Provide physical accompaniment to GBV survivors if requested to access medical and other services according to their wishes, choices and decisions.
- Conduct direct and regular follow up of GBV survivors through home visits and based on survivors wishes and consent.
- Case closure (if and when appropriate)
- Ensure proper documentation of reported GBV incidences through utilization of GBVIMS case intake, action, follow up and other case management forms appropriately.
- Follow GBV guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, and safety/security and non- discrimination while providing services to women and girls.
- Monitor how the GBV referral pathway is working through making direct follow ups with other organizations that are providing services to survivors.
- Support to conduct and help plan and organize psychosocial/ group support activities with women and adolescent girls to meet the emotional needs of survivors, build support networks among women/girls
- to conduct trainings to community-based volunteers on GBV basic concepts, guiding principles, provision of Psychosocial First Aid and the referral mechanisms and pathways for their respective communities.
- Manage cases in line with the SOPs, adhere to standard documentation processes and follow best practice guidance.
- Able to lead, train , supervise ,facilitate , motivate community focal points
- Technical supervision of psychosocial counseling activity through field visits
- Working in a team and ensure that problems are identified in the initial stages and solved those amicably.
- Attending all relevant meetings requested by supervisor relevant to the project goals.
- Acquire statistical and narrative information on the psychosocial counseling and services.
- Prepare monthly reports and submit to supervisor, ensuring correct data is submitted on time.
- Assist in other duties requested by the supervisor.
- Prepare monthly reports covering all aspect of psychosocial counseling and services and submit these at the end of each month.
ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights based development approach. Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and also advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all of our work.
Education & Training:
- Graduated from a recognized University in Social Work, Psychology/ or recognized institute of MOPH on Counselling
- Minimum 4 year of experience working in similar settings (preferably in an NGO) in the field of protection/ GBV/ social work / case management.
- Good coordination, networking, inter-personal and relationship building skills, and diplomacy.
- Good communication and liaison skills with community and all staffs.
- Good capacity and analysis of conflict management in order to provide advises to the population.
- Written and spoken English is a plus.
- To be able to propose solutions to the identified problems/challenges.
- Excellent team management and planning activities
- Flexibility is requested regarding the working hours and the live in community after the working hours.
- Dynamic to motivate the team
- Coordination: Has the ability coordinate with different stakeholders
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
A Minimum of 4 years relevant experience
50,000 AFN/Month including all benefits
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to email@example.com before July31, 2021. Please clearly indicate Psychosocial Counsellor-751 in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will not be considered. ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis, thus applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid Afghanistan will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.