Youth Health and Development Organization (YHDO) is an Afghanistan nongovernmental organization that promotes health and advocate for the right of young people in the country. YHDO will implement the HIV NFM grant (Scaling up HIV interventions among Key Affected Populations in Afghanistan) in Herat, Farah, and Nimruz provinces.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTIONS:
- Follow and respect to the YHDO policies
- He should follow the full time working hours
- The Lab Tech is responsible and reportable to the Mobile Team Medical Doctor
- To make sure about the activation and maintenance of all laboratory equipment and instruments
- The Lab Tech will be responsible for equipment and instrument update and inventory and protection
- Lab Technician will coordinate the all lab result and lab activities with team leader manager
- Perform all testing should according to National Testing Guideline
- The Lab Technician should have a positive attitude and behaviors against HIV clients
- The Lab Tech is responsible for the result of the tests, therefore he or she should ensure about the tests result before recording and distribution to other
- The Lab Tech is responsible to confirm the quality of lab reagents and Rapid test kits (regarding the company, expire date)
- The Lab responsible should fill out and record the testing result in logbook and logbook will sign on daily base
- The Lab responsible will continually protect the reagents, test and other in suitable temperature and monitor the refrigerator regularly
- Lab responsible will provide report on monthly base, quarter base and need the base to the team leader (MD), Project Manager and M&E
- He or she will assist the procurement committee when purchasing the Lab equipment, instruments, Lab regents and Rapid test kits
- The lab technician should be taking part in the training session (training on HIV test) as a facilitator.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client information
- Counsel and test each patient individually in a confidential setting.
- Maintain a respectful and professional attitude towards clients.
- Be supportive of the needs of the clients especially women, young people and people from marginalized groups.
YHDO is a non-governmental and non-for-profit organization established in 2009, registered with the ministry of economy in Afghanistan. YHDO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence-based interventions.
- Medical background and graduated from the medical institute.
- Medical technologist.
- 2 years’ experience in using of medical laboratory technology (complete Blood count and HIV, other rapid tests).
- Knowledge of use of computer office program
- Excellent oral and writing skills in Pashto, Dari and good in English language
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
2 years’ experience in using of medical laboratory
6 months with the possibility of extension
As per organization Salary Scale
Please indicate the Position Title and Vacancy Number in the subject of your email and application, otherwise, your application will not be considered
Please send your CV and application to : email@example.com