Mission 1: Tracking Movements
- Make regular radio checks, using VHF/Mobile Phone/Satellite, with people and vehicles outside the office, according to updated security rules and record all movements in the record book
- Participate in the briefing of the teams before the movements.
- Actively manage attribution and booking of cars by using the logbook, and report to HASM in case of conflicting request
- Regularly escort International staff members while they have movement for private and official purposes.
- Inform and follow instructions from HASM on movements regarding security according to the scale of events.
Mission 2: Monitoring the Security Context:
- Daily monitoring of security situation and reporting to HASM
- Alert and report to HASM any incident or problems during movements
- Ensure all HI vehicles, premises and equipment are compliant with basic security standards in close coordination with HASM Support HASM in regularly update of emergency contact numbers and sign boards etc. Report any non-compliance of security protocols to HASM/CD for immediate action
- Identify contacts for gathering information on access and security in the areas of operation.
Communication Tool Maintenance/Safety Management:
- Respect and follow up the radio operator Standard Operating Procedure Basic set up and maintenance of VHF handsets, Satellite phones and mobile phones
- Train new arrivals in movement procedures and the use of communication and tracking tools. Ensure that radio equipment is in perfect working condition Support HASM in quarterly renew Radio license with ministry of interior Support HASM yearly renew Thuraya license with ministry of Telecommunication Ensure that communication Tools and Equipment are well functioning and in good working condition
- Support HASM for safety management (evaluation of HI premises, Hibernation kits, communication means, fire extinguishers, First Aid Kits, Security alars, Emergency doors, vehicle equipment, etc.)
- Contribute to the management of the security of the premises and the personnel
- Participate in the preparation and facilitation of security, safety and humanitarian access workshops and training.
HI has been supporting the Afghan people since 1987, starting its operations in Pakistan. Since 1996, HI has been operating across Afghanistan in order to launch victim assistance interventions, working at different levels of the society and adopting a cross-sectoral approach. While present on the ground to directly support victims of the conflict through the provision of a range of services – from physical rehabilitation, to mine risk education and inclusive livelihoods – HI has been continuously advocating to increase the rights of victims and other people with disabilities in the country. In particular, and in line with its global strategy and priorities, HI has been advocating to reduce the use of landmines and conventional weapons. Acknowledging the need to respond to the urgent emergency crises combined with longer term, chronic gaps in the provision of services, HI has steadily expanded its range of activities and services in order to support the most vulnerable people, enhancing their resilience while strengthening participation and inclusion of all individuals.
High school certificateAble to speak and write in EnglishAble to operate telecommunications equipmentOffice packageGood Communicator
Security Context Analysis
Maintenance of Building and Equipment
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Minimum 3 years of experiance in related field
Based on HI Organization Salary Scale
Please send your CV and Cover letter to: email@example.com Note : Applications without mentioning the Position Title & Vacancy Number in the subject line of the email will NOT be considered. Disabled & Females are particularly encouraged to apply – HI has got strong stand on protection of beneficiaries.”The Radio Operator will have to create and maintain an environment which prevents sexual exploitation and abuse and promotes the implementation of the code of conduct”