|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per Organization's Salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Years of Experience:||Minimum Two years of relevant experience|
|Education:||University graduate (preferably Master’s) in law, economics, BBA, Banking and Finance|
|Close date:||20 May, 2020|
The Jobholder shall be accountable for the following tasks and responsibilities:
Organisation of meetings of risk management committees
- Prepares invitations and agendas for the planned meetings, and requests contributions from Stakeholders of items for the agenda.
- Maintains the list of pending action items / open issues list for discussion in respective meetings.
- Supports preparing the Risk Management Reports for the meetings.
- Collects and distributes supporting documents to the Attendees in advance of the meetings.
- Ensures proper infrastructure for the meetings (conference room, equipment, and telecommunication links)
Maintenance of the Bank’s internal documentation
- Prepares draft minutes of the meetings of the committees, distributes these to Stakeholders.
- Maintains complete record of minutes of the committee meetings, and supporting documents (in paper form and soft copies on the shared drive).
- Communicates the draft and final meeting minutes, and decisions taken by the committees to Stakeholders.
- Compiles and periodically follows up on the assigned action items with Stakeholders, and prepares a summary report on the progress.
- Ensures ongoing communication on the related matters with Stakeholders.
- Assists in preparing the content of the committee proceedings, and related Risk Management reports, and ensures that all important matters are being followed.
- Keeps himself/herself abreast of changes in Afghan laws and regulations, Basel Committee guidelines or international best practices related to risk management, understands and plans on how to implement the guidelines.
- Understands, analyzes and interprets the political and economic environment in Afghanistan.
- Assists in communicating to Stakeholders on the relevant changes in laws and market practices, as necessary and helpful for the Bank to exercise due care in ongoing management.
- Assists in the development of the Bank’s Risk Management Framework (policies, processes and tools) with a view to provide a consistent, pragmatic and effective approach to identify, assess, measure and mitigate the associated risks.
- Contributes to the risk reviews of AZB internal policies and procedures, contracts and new products, taking into account the regulatory and internal requirements.
- Implements the assigned tasks and duties in a timely and accurate manner. Reports on the same to the Line Manager.
- Contributes to the identification, assessment, measurement, mitigation and reporting on the risks which are affecting the Bank’s operations in accordance with the Bank’s Risk Management policies and monitoring processes. Ensures that robust risk controls are maintained to prevent unauthorized exposures.
- Works closely with the Managers and Employees the Risk Management Department and other Departments on all matters related to risk management, with a view to ensure that the risks are sensitively calculated and managed properly.
- Other tasks and duties may be assigned if needs arise.
The Jobholder will work closely with the Chief Risk Officer and Managers in the Department.
Ideal candidate shall possess the following key qualifications and skills:
- University graduate (preferably Master’s) in relevant disciplines such as law, economics, business administration, banking & finance, management etc. Additional professional certificates (or university degree near completion) shall also be considered.
- Knowledge of Da Afghanistan Bank regulations and Basel Committee guidelines pertaining to risk governance and prudential risk management. Ability to understand the guidelines and apply them in the work environment.
- Two years of experience in the banking sector. Preference shall be given to the candidates having experience in the field of law, risk management, audit, finance, credit or treasury, internal controls, internal or external audit. Interest in risk management.
- Excellent analytical and English skills in direct communication and in writing, attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with MS Office package, and the necessary technical infrastructure (webex, video conferencing, laptops, projector, etc.)
- Integrity, loyalty, and discrete personality.
- Team work and service orientation.
- Pro-active and constructive attitude, initiative, self-confidence, excellent analytical and reporting skills. Quick learner.
Note: In case the candidate does not meet all requirements, a lower level position may be offered.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Respected Applicants are kindly requested to submit a comprehensive cover Letter along with a copy of their updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume along with their Higher Education Documents to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process.
- Address Main Branch (Anqara Square, Head Office. MOD (Ministry of Defense)
- Salary Offers As per Organization's Salary Scale
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5