- Overall project management including management of human resource, financial/resource, logistic, implementation, risk and stakeholders; Supervise and oversee projects operations under his/her direct responsibility to meet targets and goals specified in the projects scope and documents; Supervise project team to optimize the quality and efficiency of their outputs and to maintain a high degree of satisfaction with their job and personal development; Act as a CARE Education program focal point in consortium; Represent CARE-Afghanistan in external and internal events and establish and maintain a good working relationship with the all key stakeholders to ensure coordination, partnership and mutual support; Collaborate in resource mobilization and design of new initiatives to ensure CARE work continue and receive funding; Generate evidence based learning, documentation and reports from project implementation to share and to inform future programming; Ensure alignment of the projects interventions with CARE global priorities and strategies and the country office strategy Key relations Supervises project team. Ensures coordination of project activities with Field Coordinator, Provincial Manager and provincial program team. Collaborates with other education projects, MEAL, finance, human resource and other support functions. Maintain effective working relationship with CARE Member Patner, donors, partners, relevant line ministries and agencies. Maintain effective working relationship with consortium lead and partners.
Key Results Expected
- In close collaboration with program team, respond to requests for proposals or to develop new project frameworks and designs;
- Develop, coordinate various reports for submission to government, donors, program teams, and other stakeholders.
- Review project technical documents and plan and make necessary amendments and modifications based on data, community feedback, consortium needs, and context
- Address the relevant concerns, and expectations of the stakeholders in planning and executing the project with support from the program and management; Represent CO and the relevant projects at the national level; Ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms are in place and followed to ensure project implementation according to the project agreed requirements; Ensure project implementing partners deliver quality services to the beneficiaries and provide timely reporting on project activities; Review and prepare quality project reports based on plans, progress and issues;
Effective and accurate Financial Resources Management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Develop projects budgets in close collaboration with the Finance, procurement and other concerns departments; Develop proper forecasting plans, expenditure tracking and audit of financial and program resources in accordance with CARE rules and regulations; with monthly tracking and adjustments of forecast and expenditures. Conduct monthly budget vs. expense analysis of the project and consult with Finance Unit or Provincial Manager for any variance, making plans for adjustments; Make sure financial reports are submitted timely and with high standards and quality as per donor requirement;
Human Resources Management:
The Project Manager in compliance with CO human resources policies and strategies is ensured at all times, including:
- Hiring of qualified staff as per the project staffing need and structure; Recruitment processes and performance management systems are properly used, ensuring link of job description with recruitment and learning management; Undertakes regular performance review of her/his supervisees; Ensure project implementing partners receive technical support from CARE Afghanistan to better manage and implement project activities.
Coordination and information sharing with projects Stakeholder:
- Ensure project stakeholders expectation are well identified, analysed and managed during project life cycle; Stakeholders engagement are well managed by regular and professional communication to ensure their expectations are met and any issues risen timely addressed; Ensures that reports reflecting lessons learnt are documented, circulated and shared in timely and effective manner within and outside the organization as appropriate and relevant; Ensures all lessons learnt are incorporated and integrated as required to new initiatives and project designs; Participate and represent CARE and project in the relevant stakeholder meetings.
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
The incumbent must be well experienced technical aspects of education programming, in problem analysis, project design, partnership, team building, project management.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven Experience in the development of educational materials, training, educational programming in both development and education in emergency contexts. Excellent communication skills both in written and spoken English. Presentation skills reporting. Proven Proficiency in project management and project administrative update systems. Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs. Knowledge and experience in the education. Gender in education work, establish a conducive working environment and having strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor Degree (BA/BBA/B. Sc.) In Education, or Management.
- 5 years in senior project management position with NGOs, or UN agencies and related supervisory roles in different positions.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Dari and Pashtu is a requirement.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
5 years in senior project management position with NGOs, or UN agencies and related supervisory roles in different positions.
As per organization salary scale
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location in the Subject Line (PM Education KBL-11-2022) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Security check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)