- Management of the project team, budget and expenditures, logistic, implementation, risk, stakeholders…etc. Supervise and oversee project operations to meet targets and goals specified in the project documents Supervise direct reporting staffs to optimize the quality and efficiency of their outputs and to maintain a high degree of satisfaction with their job and personal development Establish and maintain a good working relationship with the local authorities and collaborating agencies to ensure optimize project sustainability and quality Participate in all the relevant meetings at project, program level and CO levels
- Reports to the Health Equity and Right Program Coordinator Supervises direct reporting staff Ensures coordination of project activities with Field Operation Coordinator (FoC), Provincial Manager and support functions at headquarter Collaborates with program quality, monitoring & evaluation, finance, human resource and other support functions concerning assigned project
Duty Location Station in Herat, AfghanistanKey Results Expected As a member of the health equity and right program management team, Deputy Project Manager ensures project cycle management to achieve the following results:
- Ensure project management process are well implemented to meet the project requirements. Address the various needs, concerns, and expectations of the stakeholders in planning and executing the project Balancing the competing project constraints such as scope, quality, schedule, resource, budget and risks Contribute in the development of new initiatives to ensure CARE strategic objectives are achieved.
Effective and accurate Financial Resources Management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources in accordance with CARE rules and regulations Conduct budget vs. expense analysis of the project and consult with Finance Unit or Provincial Manager for any variance Make sure financial reports are submitted timely and with high standards and quality as per donor requirement
Human Resources Management:
The DPM compliance with corporate human resources policies and strategies is ensured at all times, including:
- Recruitment processes and performance management systems are properly overseen, ensuring link of job design with recruitment career development and learning management; Staff learning opportunities are promoted, and the implementation of the capacity development plan at the project level is ensured.
- Ensure project stakeholders expectation are well identified, analysed and managed during project life cycle Stakeholder engagement is well managed by regular and professional communication to ensure their expectations are met and any issues raises are timely addressed
Project stakeholders are we informed of the project progress through regular meeting, updates, reports and other means of communication.
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
The incumbent must be well experienced in problem analysis, partnership, team building and project management. He/she is authorized to; utilize budget, identifying location and allocation of program resources, recommend staff promotion and demotion.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills both in written and spoken. Satisfactory reporting and proposal writing knowledge. Proficiency in project management and project administrative update systems. Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs. Knowledge and experience of community empowerment, food security, governance and resiliencies, education, health, women empowerment. Build personal and inter project relationship, analyse issues, cultural sensitivity, Gender sensitivity, team work, establish a conductive working environment and persuade others
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent in medicine, public health, midwifery and any other area related to health
- At least 3 years work experience in the area of project management, community development preferably in the post war situations or in country in crisis in food security, governance and natural resource management.
• Fluency in spoken and written English, Dari and Pashtu is a requirement.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
At least 3 years work experience in the area of project management
As per organization salary scale
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to Afg.Vacancies@care.org before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location in the Subject Line (Project Manager HRT-09-2022) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Security check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)