Summary of Key Functions
- Overall project management including management of human resource, financial/resource, logistic, implementation, risk and stakeholders; Supervise and oversee projects operations under his/her direct responsibility to meet targets and goals specified in the projects scope and documents; Supervise project team to optimize the quality and efficiency of their outputs and to maintain a high degree of satisfaction with their job and personal development; Represent CARE-Afghanistan in external and internal events and establish and maintain a good working relationship with the all key stakeholders to ensure coordination, partnership and mutual support; Collaborate in resource mobilization and design of new initiatives to ensure CARE work continue and receive funding; Generate evidence-based learning, documentation and reports from project implementation to share and to inform future programming; Ensure alignment of the project’s interventions with CARE global priorities and strategies and the CO program strategy including cross cutting areas (GED, Advocacy and Inclusive governance). Provide an overall technical support and guidance in the development and implementation of CARE’s nutrition program.
- Reports to the Health Equity and Right Program Coordinator. Supervises project team. Act as lead nutrition sector focal point for CARE Afghanistan Ensures coordination of project activities with Field Operation Coordinator (FoC), Provincial Manager and provincial program team. Collaborates with program quality, monitoring & evaluation, finance, human resource and other support functions concerning assigned project. Maintain effective working relationship with CMP, donors, partners, health and nutrition clusters, relevant line ministries and provincial level key stakeholders/ agencies.
KEY RESULT EXPECTED
- In close collaboration with Health Equity and Right PC and the PQ team, respond to requests for proposals or to develop new project frameworks and designs; Lead technical design of health and nutrition project proposals including development of high quality concept notes and proposals.
- Contributes development of health and nutrition program strategies and contribute to CARE’s overall program strategy.
- In close collaboration Health Equity and Right PC and the PQ team, review project technical documents and plan and make necessary amendments and modifications;
- Ensure project management process are well implemented to meet the project requirements; Address the relevant concerns, and expectations of the stakeholders in planning and executing the project with support from the program and CO management; Represent CO and the relevant projects at the national and international level; Ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms are in place to ensure project implementation according to the project agreed requirements; Ensure project implementing partners deliver quality services to the beneficiaries and provide timely reporting on project activities; Review and prepare quality project reports based on plans, progress and need/request; Ensures integration of core concepts of advocacy, governance, gender, equity & diversity in developing/designing and implementing project/plans. Provide high quality technical oversight and technical and capacity building support to projects team Improve program quality by ensuring lessons learnt and best practice are documented and communicated to shape strategies and future projects. Keep abreast of sector trends, developments and policy and adapt and promote introduction of new methodologies, innovations and best practices Propose new innovative and new approaches and integrate into program strategy and design
Effective and accurate Financial Resources Management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Develop projects budgets in close collaboration with the finance, procurement and other concerns departments; Ensure proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial and program resources in accordance with CARE rules and regulations; Conduct budget vs. expense analysis of the project and consult with Finance Unit or Provincial Manager for any variance; Make sure financial reports are submitted timely and with high standards and quality as per donor requirement;
Human Resources Management:
The PM in compliance with CO human resources policies and strategies is ensured at all times, including:
- Hiring of qualified staff as per the project staffing need and structure; Recruitment processes and performance management systems are properly overseen, ensuring link of job design with recruitment career development and learning management; Undertakes Performance Management Process (PMP) of her/his supervisees; Staff learning opportunities are promoted, and the implementation of the capacity development plan at the project level is ensured; Ensure project implementing partners receive technical support from CARE Afghanistan to better manage and implement project activities.
Coordination and information sharing with projects Stakeholder:
- Ensure project stakeholders expectation are well identified, analysed and managed during project life cycle; Stakeholders engagement are well managed by regular and professional communication to ensure their expectations are met and any issues risen timely addressed; Ensures that reports reflecting lessons learnt are documented, circulated and shared in timely and effective manner within and outside the organization as appropriate and relevant; Ensures all lessons learnt are incorporated and integrated as required to new initiatives and project designs;
- Participate and represent CARE and project in the relevant stakeholder meeting and forums including Nutrition cluster and other technical health and nutrition forums.
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
The incumbent must be well experienced in problem analysis, project design, partnership, team building, project management and a good understanding of developmental concepts.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills both in written and spoken English. Presentation skills reporting and proposal writing knowledge. Proficiency in project management and project administrative update systems. Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs. Knowledge and experience in the relevant field. Having strong advocacy and lobbying and governance skills. Build personal and inter project relationship, analyse issues, cultural sensitivity, Gender mainstreaming, team work, establish a conducive working environment and having strong interpersonal skills.
- Medical Doctor, Graduated from a recognized medical university
- Master in Public Health or Nutrition will be a plus
- 5 years of managing health and nutrition projects with NGOs, or UN agencies and related supervisory roles in different positions.
Fluency in spoken and written English, Dari and Pashtu is a requirement.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
5 years of managing health and nutrition projects with NGOs, or UN agencies and related supervisory roles in different positions.
As per organization salary scale
- Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to Afg.Vacancies@care.org before the closing date, applications without CARE Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
- Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location of province that you apply for in the Subject Line (PM Health & Nutrition KBL-10-2022 Kabul) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Background check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
- Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
- CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)