The Safety advisor Assistant will work under the Deputy Safety Advisor (DSA) and will be responsible for assisting the Safety Advisor (SA) in the implementation of all INSO safety and security services as specified in the INSO Scope of Services (SoS) and/or line management policies and procedures.
- Compile and maintain the office’s weekly incident list
- Prepare weekly maps and graphs to aid with analysis of security trends
- Conduct bespoke research to assist with the office’s analytical products
- Assist the SA in liaising with partner organizations for daily services
- Deputize for the DSA when he is on leave or out of the office
- Verbal and written translation to the SA upon request and where applicable
- Coordinate the issuing of EM-NET announcements under the guidance of the SA
- Maintain and expand contacts with NGO operating in the Central region
- Maintain regular/daily communication with FM in the field
- Maintain and routinely current phone list and distribution list of all NGOs operating in the Central region.
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organization (INSO) is an international charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in complex contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time tracking of developments in the operating environment, reporting, safety related information and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations, and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
The Organization has grown from innovative start-up to become a globally recognized charity and a valuable component of the humanitarian safety coordination system.
Today the Organization provides daily support to more than 1,000 beneficiary organizations (NGO) in some of the world’s most insecure environments and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO has been registered as a charity in the Netherlands since April 2019 and its global headquarters is now based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
INSO has more than 1,000 employees globally and is active in 18 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Central Asia.
INSO Central region is currently looking for a Safety Advisor Assistant in Kabul Province. The candidates are required to be resident in the province and possess an understanding of the current situation relevant to NGO and humanitarian safety.
SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. The Safety Advisor Assistant will report to and be under the direct supervision of the Safety Advisor.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications, which should include an updated CV and an individual cover letter outlining the applicant’s suitability for the post (in Dari , Pashto or English) along with copies of their certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications without mentioning the position Title & Vacancy Number in the subject line of the email will Not Be Considered.