The Safety advisor Assistant will work under the Deputy Safety Advisor (DSA), and will be responsible for assisting the Safety Advisor (SA) in the implementation of all INSO safety and security services as specified in the INSO Scope of Services (SoS) and/or line management policies and procedures.
· Compile and maintain the office’s weekly security incident list
· Prepare weekly maps and graphs to aid with analysis of security trends
· Conduct bespoke research to assist with the office’s analytical products
· Assist the SA in liaising with partner organizations for daily services
· Deputize for the DSA when he is on leave or out of the office
· Verbal and written translation to the SA upon request and where applicable
· Coordinate the issuing of EM-NET announcements under the guidance of the SA
· Maintain and expand contacts with NGO operating in the Northeastern region
· Maintain regular/daily communication with FM in the field
· Maintain and routinely current phone list and distribution list of all NGOs operating in the Northeastern region.
SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The Safety Advisor Assistant will report to and be under the direct supervision of Safety Advisor .
About International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO):
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts.
INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
1. Minimum of two years professional work experience and at least 1 year experience working with NGOs (preferably in the field of security).
2. Program and staff coordination/management experience.
3. Excellent spoken and written English.
4. Profound skills in providing analysis based on empirical data.
5. Excellent communication skills.
6. Able to read maps and use communications equipment (e.g. VHF radio and satellite phones)
7. Strong computer skills and knowledge of Windows and Office programs—especially MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Word, MS Outlook.
AFG -KDZ -03
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
Per INSO Salary Scale
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (including credible, professional reference contact details), educational and work certificates to: