- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Promote and share ideas for improvement
- Perform according to the work and development plan
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Looks for the security of the office and staff in the office.
- Keeps all the windows and doors locked when the staff members leave the office.
- Keeps the office responsible informed of any incident in the neighbourhood.
- Avoid unauthorized people park their vehicles in front of the offices.
- Avoid allowing any body enters to the office without informing office or Guest House responsible.
- Checks everybody entering to the office.
- Registers all the visitors coming to the office or Guest House and reports to responsible person.
- keep the generators maintained, (starts it on time and keeps fuel balance).
- Check the heaters in the morning and continuously keeps checking it.
- Check all security lights and reports if there is any loss during his working time.
- Control the water accessibility in the office (water pump, pipes).
- Switch on and off all lights of the building on time.
- clean the compound and guard room regularly and keep all the materials arranged.
- Help cleaner in some parts of their work (heater cleaning, washing heavy/big items.
- Responsible of the garden of the office
- Obey and work according the time and schedule given by his supervisor.
- Respect the visitors and behaviour them gently.
- Performs any other duty given to him by his supervisor
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee.
We protect displaced people and support them as they build a new future. We started our relief efforts after World War Two. Today, we work in both new and protracted crises across 31 countries. We specialize in six areas: food security, education, shelter, legal assistance, camp management, and water, sanitation and hygiene.
We stand up for people forced to flee. NRC is a determined advocate for displaced people. We promote and defend displaced people’s rights and dignity in local communities, with national governments and in the international arena. NRC’s Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva is a global leader in monitoring, reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
We respond quickly to emergencies. Our expert deployment capacity, NORCAP, boasts around 1,000 experts from all over the world who can be deployed within 72 hours. Our experts help improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
Around 6,000 men and women work for the Norwegian Refugee Council. Most of us are hired locally to work in the field, and a small number are based at our head office in Oslo. Many of our colleagues were once themselves fleeing their homes.
NRC Afghanistan established operations in 2003, and currently maintains five area offices in Balkh, Hirat, Kabul, Kandahar, and Nangarhar, as well as field offices in hard-to-reach, displacement-affected provinces: Badghis, Faryab, Khost, Kunar, Kunduz, Nimroz, Sar-e Pul, and Uruzgan. NRC employs over 1,400 staff in Afghanistan, and works through direct implementation of programmes, to provide both emergency response and durable solutions for internally displaced Afghans, as well as returning Afghan refugees, and Waziristan refugees in southeastern Afghanistan.
The purpose of Guard position is to provide service support to the security department in Western region – Badghis Office of the NRC, the position holder will be reporting directly to security Coordinator of Badghis office in order to run his/her duties smoothly with security standards of NRC.
How to Apply:
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the NRC people site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CVs along with a cover letter to below mentioned e-mail. Please make sure to clearly state the (VA-2021-007) in the subject line of your email.
Submission email: Mohammadsamim.email@example.com
Interested qualified candidates can also submit their hard copy CVs with a Cover Letter stating the position title (VA-2021-007) number; to below addresses:
NRC Badghis Office Address: Dist. #2, Dahan Baqak, in front of Sarai-e-Soheil.