|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per NTA salary scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||National Water Affairs Regulation Authority|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||One Year (Extendable)|
|Close date:||22 Jul, 2020|
About National Water Affairs Regulation Authority:
In accordance with the Decree 36 of the presidential office of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in view of national politics and strategy of the country during 1398, the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) has been established from one existing ministry: Ministry of Energy and Water
The Government of Afghanistan has identified the rehabilitation and expansion of the country’s physical infrastructure as one of its highest priorities for the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan. As part of the basic economic infrastructure of the country, the water sector occupies special prominence in the Government’s development plans. Several major Water sector projects, funded by the National Development Budget and by international financial institutions and donors, are presently under implementation and planning under the general oversight of the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA).
Given the technical complexity of the Water sector and the particular demands posed by the coordination of the projects that are being funded by various sources, the NWARA assists its administration that will be based in Kabul and will reinforce NWARA in its internal and external activities and projects smoothness and speediness in fulfilling its obligations for water sector development
- Shah Wa Arus Multipurpose dam is located at Shakar Dara district of Kabul province, it is one of the strategic and highly important construction projects of government, for the purpose of water resources management, flood control, land irrigation, power generation, and environment protection.
- NWARA of the government of Afghanistan has contracted its design and construction works to TPT Joint Venture company.
- NWARA is determined to finish the project on time with assuring the best quality of work by contractors. Therefore, it is intended to establish an expert and experienced team for supervision of work, implementation of project and assurance of quality.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Expert scope of work will include but not limited to the following:
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for all electrical work of the (Hydro Plants) at design & construction processes.
- Review all electrical design drawings for the technical issue and provide comments for the design build contractor.
- Review projects civil specification for the Micro Hydro Power Plants Projects to be compliance with the standards and codes.
- Supervise the pertaining approved Designs drawings for all electrical structures in micro hydro power plants projects.
- Review of the projects contracts for better resolving all technical issues with the design build contractors.
- Advise on resolving priorities on construction activities with the contractors.
- Manage, monitor and supervise project activities based on the developed projects working schedule.
- Analysis and compile work progress reports from related projects and submit to Head of M&E department
- Responsible for monitoring of electrical progress, evaluating results and identification and resolution of constraints.
- Responsible for Preparation of reports including design review and weekly, monthly, quarterly, and final reports.
- Responsible for reviewing test plans & commissioning plan submittals for micro hydro power operations.
- Establish strong coordination mechanism with the sub-contractors to solve technical issues during projects design and implementation.
- Execute any other tasks assigned and entrusted by line manager of NWARA.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s Degree would be preferred.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Have a thorough understanding of relevant electrical engineering mechanisms.
- Have good analytic and reporting skills.
- Be able to present complex technical problems in a clear manner.
- Be able to deliver on given tasks on time.
- Be able to work under supervision and if required in a supervisory role.
- Have a thorough understanding of MS Office Package, AutoCAD and any other field relevant software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in national languages as well as English language.
- Excellent communication skills.
Interested and qualified Individuals who want to apply for the position are required to follow the below instructions:
Write Application Letter explaining your suitability for the position.
Fill NWARA/MSU Job Application Form.
Send your Letter and Application Form, Education certificate and experience document in one single document (Docs/PDF).
Indicate Position Title and Vacancy No. on the subject line of the Email.
Only short listed candidates whose education and experiences correspond to the job requirements will be contacted for further steps.
Incomplete and wrong applications will be ignored without any consideration.
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Download the Application format and Job Application Form from below links: Page number #1 /Application Number #8
The candidates who send their cv without any supporting document will be omitted from the process
Applicants can submit their applications hard copies to the following address:
Human Resources Section of National Water Affairs Regulation Authority Support Unit
National Water Affairs Regulation Authority
District #7 Dar-Ul-Aman Road,:
Mohebullah Majrooh +93(0)789777778/775666111
Mohammad Naser Moradi +93(0)744252320
- Address Darulaman Road, Sanatoruim Kabul, Afghanistan
- Salary Offers As per NTA salary scale policy
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5