Scope of Work
Under direct supervision of Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager the Senior M&E/HMIS officer is responsible to plan organize implement control and follow up HMIS and M&E related activities of the SEHATMANDI project in Jawzjan Province. He/ She strengthens the HMIS and M&E mechanism the skills of the staff involved in HMIS and maintains close co-operation with MoPH/HMIS department as well as the society through various channels.
- Act according to the policy of SAF
- Keep confidential with issues related to SAF
- Develop Spirit of co-operation and understanding among members of the team
- Follows SAF’s established policies, procedures, and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiative works/ performance.
- Recording, compiling, analyzing, interpretation and presenting of health data and information
- Providing updated HMIS forms to the health facilities and CBHC network
- Conducting initial and refresher HMIS training to HF’s staff;
- Prepare monthly activities report to the line manager.
- Effective supervision of HFs and providing on the job training to HFs’ staff
- Providing feedback on HMIS information to HFs and provincial management team to ensure quality in health service delivery and for the proper planning implementation and evaluation of the project
- Ensure timely provision and supply of HMIS related formats and documents to HFs.
- Accurate and rational target setting for all HFs based P4P module.
- On-time data entry of HMIS reports of all HFs in to DHIS2.
- Conducting monitoring visits along with monitoring team of MO recording M&E data in SAF M&E database and submit it to head office
- Coordination and communication of HMIS and M&E activities with PPHO
- Providing accurate and updated feedbacks on data collections to the clinics
- Preparation and submission of HMIS monthly, quarterly & annual progress report to SAF main office
- Gives advices and supports to the project and program staff in HMIS related tasks (e.g. data collection analysis and use of health information.)
- Visiting the HFs and HPs with main focus on the HMIS activities (e.g. routine reporting surveys group discussions etc.) according to plan
- Assisting the deputy technical manager with planning evaluation and reporting of the health program.
- Assisting the deputy technical manager in the preparation of the project activity and quarterly reports.
- Maintaining an accurate and effective filing and recording system within the HMIS/ME unit.
- Maintains close working relations with stakeholders (PPHD UN agencies as well as others stakeholders involved in HMIS) in the province.
- Conduct HMIS committee meetings with program staff on monthly basis.
- Maintain proper HMIS stock of HMIS tools and formats with regular update of its stock cards and release forms.
- Perform any other related task assigned by the supervisor
C- Qualifications and requirements:At the end of the year each secure HF is at least twelve times supervised.At the end of the year at least twelve times monitoring visits are conducted at the HFs and HPsAt least 12 feedbacks are prepared and distributed based on field supervision and monitoring findingsAt least 90% of M&E and HMIS related tasks with deadline are accomplished and reported to the line supervisor.At least 90% of project related coordination meetings with HMIS and other sub-committees are attended.100% of HMIS reports of the project is submitted to the deputy project manager, provincial HMIS staff and Main office HMIS unit.At least two refresher training of HMIS is conducted for the project staff.Accurate and complete filing system of both HMIS office and HMIS stockUpdate MoPH policy documents, manuals and guidelines are made available at the relevant health facilities.
Solidarity for Afghan Families (SAF) was established on October 2005 as a non-governmental, non-political, and non-profit organization with an independent legal identity. The vision of the organization is to get to a developed and welfare society for Afghan families and the mission of the organization
- MD/ equivalent medical degree/ Bachelor of Public Health or statistics from university certified by the relevant higher education authority in Afghanistan or other countries
- At least 2 years’ full-time experience with health sector including one year full-time work experience in HMIS position or statistical analysis.
- Computer skill at operator level especially with MS Office packages.
- Lounge Knowledge of English and Dari and/or Pashto both written and spoken
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Supervisory team worker analytical and monitoring &Evaluation skill
- Experience of planning reporting
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
At least 2 years’ full-time experience with health sector including one year full-time work experience in HMIS position or statistical analysis.
3 Month Extendable
Based on SAF Salary Sales
Interested Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and detailed CV, through e-mail address (email@example.com), indicating on the subject line the title of the position and vacancy number (Deputy Technical Manager/Sehatmandi Project).
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for test/interview