- Develop monthly/quarterly and annual work plan for the pharmacy team and submit to project director
- Develop standard tools for physical and computerized follow up of stock management
- Providing guidance to improve pharmaceutical management (quantification, procurement, storage, distribution, inventory, consumption and data management)
- Assess the needs of all health facilities based on the analysis of consumption reports
- Analyze and compile consumption reports received from all BPHS and EPHS health facilities and share them with senior management team members on a monthly basis in consultation with relevant HMIS officers
- Responsible for quantification and forecasting of medicines at provincial level
- Organizing refresh trainings for of pharmacy and health facility staff on stock management and rational use of drugs
- Securing an adequate and timely supply of quality medications, medical consumables and medical equipment to all BPHS and EPHS health facilities
- Perform regular field visits to control and supervise the pharmacy activities
- Take part in procurement committee meetings (PCM) to ensure quality and transparency throughout.
- Will maintain pharmaceutical logistic information system (PLIS) and prepare reports as per requirements of Ministry of Public Health Afghanistan
- Participate in Pharmacy sub-committee meeting on a monthly basis
- To do any other official tasks within the field of competency as the Technical BPHS Manager/ Project Director assign
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
- Graduate or postgraduate degree in pharmacy or closely related disciplines (like medicine) 3-4 years’ relevant experience in pharmacy management, especially with INGOs Experience in training and supervision is must particularly familiarity with Afghanistan pharmaceutical policies and guideline.
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Supervisory, team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of planning, reporting and budgeting
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
3-4 years’ relevant experience in pharmacy management, especially with INGOs Experience in training and supervision is must particularly familiarity with Afghanistan pharmaceutical policies and guideline.
According SCA Policy
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV and cover letter to email@example.com , clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line. Otherwise, your application will not be considered.
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested at the time of interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
- Application and CV receive after closing date of vacancy announcement will not be considered
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.