About Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA):
The capital region of Afghanistan comprises the Kabul, Wardak, Logar, Kapisa and Parwan Provinces. The total area of the capital region is more than 7735 km2. In order to make safe urban environment and tackle the problems caused by ever increasing population growth in the capital of Afghanistan considering the concentrated economic activities and services provision, Dehsabz City Development Authority (DCDA) has been promoted to Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA) (As per the Presidential Decree No. 44 dated 23rd June 2016 based on Cabinet Resolution no 3 dated 30 April 2016 of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan). CRIDA is an Independent Budgetary Unit and Governmental profitable entity within the organizational structure of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA), not only develop Kabul New City project but also pave the ways for the development of Capital Region with broader visions which are briefly narrated as follows: 1. Transforming the Capital Region by turning it into a mega city that is clean, environmentally friendly, cultured with booming industries and commerce, sports and tourism and ultimately a metropolitan city that is self-reliant and sustainable, a city that has infrastructure and facilities of high standards with healthy physical environment. 2. Building a diverse community that is free of ethnic, linguistic, racial and religious prejudices. 3. Promoting urban culture and enhancing the standard of life through development of the Capital Region. 4. Development of cities (through decentralization for balanced development) within the Capital Region by protecting the originality, historical value and organic linkages with the existing Kabul city to transform the entire capital zone into a symbol of national unity.
CRIDA is currently looking for Senior QA/QC Manager to play an active role in performing wide range of Project Implementation under the CRIDA strategic plan. The incumbent shall develop the relevant activities/tasks for achieving the goals of CRIDA on objective basis.
Provinces to travel:
2. At least 7 years of experience in the field of construction, min 4 years of which should be as a QC/QA manager;
3. Have a thorough understanding of relevant quality management systems;
4. Good knowledge of relevant standards and codes;
5. Good writing and communication skills;
Fluency in Dari, Pashto, and English;
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior QA/QC Manager would directly report to Project Management Director.
1. Lead project kick-off meetings for the newly launched CRIDA project;
2. Review, comment and approve contractor’s pre-construction submittals such as QC Plan, Health and Safety Plan, etc.;
3. Review, comment and approve material submittals and ensure all materials are used in accordance with the contract documents;
4. Review and respond to contractors’ quality-related RFI’s;
5. Ensure that the three-phase inspection is implemented in the projects;
6. Review and comment on contractors’ daily and weekly reports;
7. Conduct regular field inspections and ensure quality control measures are in place;
8. Ensure the quality control documentation for all CRIDA projects is complete and kept updated.
9. Provide a leadership role in assisting site engineers and solving QC-related issues;
10. Regularly review and enhance CRIDA Quality Control formats and procedures;
11. Review of projects closeout submittals.
Other duties as assigned by the PM Director.
Afghanistan, Kabul, Kapisa, Parwan, Wardak, Logar
A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Transportation Engineering, or any other related field;
To apply for the above position, please email your application, together with an update CV before 14th May, 2020 to:
Human Resources Department
Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA)
House #214, Street #4, 4th Precinct
Solh Road, Ansari 1st Stree, Haji Yaqoob Square, Share-Naw
Kabul, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
CRIDA will not be able to respond to inquiries about application status and will only contact short-listed candidates.
- Address Ansari 1st, Kabul, Afghanistan
- Salary Offers NTA, Grade C
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10