Doing community mobilization, awareness raising, assessments, facilitate community conversations/ meetings and build relations.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Facilitate first contact meetings on the villages for village decision makers at CDC, CLDC and DDA.
- To lead and facilitate the introduction meetings with community, school, and district decision makers.
- Collect social economic and demographic data of the target communities, compile them, analyses and enter them into the data bases.
- Develop Village Disaster Management Plan (VDMPs) in consultation with Geologist.
- Facilitate community awareness process on components of the projects and school awareness package.
- Organize the support for distribution of IEC materials at community level for acceptance of the project activities.
- Conduct the trainings at community level on the relevant components of the project.
- Collection of Baseline data, analysis and entering them into the data bases.
- Support to the technical consultancy agency in conducting the feasibility study.
- To Capture success stories and lessons learned in each phase of program implementation.
- Organize regular meetings with community and at as bridge between AKAH- and community.
- Lead the process of information dissemination at community level.
- To work closely with community to make them understand about the system and its utility for them.
- Regular reporting about the project implementation process on monthly basis.
- Facilitate project implementation on the project target areas along with Team leader.
- Keep regular contact with the community as well as well local government officials for collecting information and reporting to the Team leader.
- Undertake any other duties and assignments, as may be assigned.
An Affiliate of Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social science, disaster management, Community development, weather related study and study in similar nature.
Experience: Incumbent should carry 1-2 years of experience in area of Field implementation, Disaster Management and conducting baseline surveys with following qualification
- Good knowledge of reading and writing of English.
- Good knowledge of communication and building relations.
- Understand community concepts and behavior.
- High flexibility and accept the position challenge.
- High knowledge of reading and writing of Dari.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet the deadlines.
- Working experience in Badakhshan/Baghlan, Kunduz, Takhar and Bamiyam is added advantage.
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
at least 1-2 years of experience in relevant field
Regular (Full Time)
Salary: According to Aga Khan Agency for Habitat.
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements should submit a cover letter describing your interest and suitability for the position along with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the following email address:
Note -Preference will be given to those who are current residence of Nusai District of Badakhshan Province, Afghanistan
- Please quote the vacancy number as the subject of the e-mail when applying
- No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card (s) etc.) are required at this stage.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
- Salary: According to Aga Khan Agency for Habitat (AKAH)-Salary Scale
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.
Note: Employee of AKDN sister institutions applies to this position must inform his/her respected organization and attach a No-Objection Certificate (NOC) with the application. Failure to do so will disqualify him/her for consideration.