Requires travel to provinces:
Adaptability to corporate setting is a must.
Strong negotiation and client management skills.
The ability and desire to complete projects within deadlines.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
The incumbent should have sound presentation skills and ability to present to a large group of audience (national and international).
The incumbent should be able to manage and work in working groups.
The incumbent should be able to write reports, briefing paper, correspondence, and research paper as required.
The incumbent should be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Advice the DM Technical on how to maintain and implement the Environmental Management System.
2. Review the reports on site inspections, hazard identification and incident investigations in order to develop corrective actions.
3. Develop and maintain relationships with relevant regulatory government and industry bodies to monitor and facilitate the contracts.
4. Conducts follow-up to ensure measures are taken to achieve compliance with approved national pre treatment requirements. Reviews requests for program modification and as necessary makes recommendations to the Minister of Mines and Petroleum for approval or denial of such requests.
5. Prepares reports, letters and enforcement actions (including remedial engineering plans and programs) to achieve compliance with permits or regulations.
6. Conducts inspections to ensure correct categorization with respect to national environmental requirements, to evaluate spill control measures, to update file information on mining processes, mining program and treatment technology.
7. Advice the Minister on development and prioritizing plans on different mining projects.
8. Advice the Minister in all technical aspects during national and international meetings and conferences.
9. To develop technical action plans to the Minister for different extractive projects.
10. Draft a brief report to Minister on current projects technical and environmental problems.
11. Any other task assigned by the DM Technical.
Master or bachelor degree in Environmental, Mining Engineering and any other related field.
At least 5-10 years of work experience in relevant fields. 5 Years related Experience with Masters degree and 10 Years of Experience with Bachelor Degree.
Fluency in English, Dari, Pashto languages and Microsoft Office programs.
The Incumbent should have sound knowledge of the extractive sector.
The Incumbent should have strong written and oral communication and other interpersonal skills.
The incumbent should be able to represent MoMP in intra-government and non-government meetings, conference etc.
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than April 11, 2020 at 16:00 hrs.
- Address Kabul, Afghanistan
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20