Duties and responsibilities:
The General Surgeon specialist works in the Bakwa CHC to predominantly diagnose, investigate, and manage all abdominal surgery cases including CSs. He/she should have the qualification of MD doctor with postgraduate diploma in Abdominal surgery specialist. He/she assumes responsibility and accountability for their practice, applying up to date knowledge and skills in caring for each patient. He/she works as a team member of Bakwa CHC.
• Manage and operate all general surgery cases.
• Visit recovery and IPD patients
• Supervise and follow up nursing care of patients.
• Share knowledge, skill and expertise with medical, midwifery and nursing students and all professional staff concerning their job requirements.
• Participate in research, professional organization and related committees and in continuing educational opportunities.
• Follow established departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiatives; safety, environmental, and infection prevention standards.
• Supervise and monitor all the activities of surgery ward and perform night/on call duties for Bakwa CHC.
Medical Refresher Courses for Afghans (MRCA) is a non-religious and independent French Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in Paris in 1986. MRCA began the implementation of health projects in Afghanistan in 1993, in collaboration with the Afghan Ministry of Health (MoPH), and intending to help to facilitate national health services and capacity building through staff training.
MRCA’s overall mission is to contribute to the reduction of mortality and morbidity in Afghanistan, through the development of a strong and quality health care system that is accessible to all and through staff capacity building with relevant and effective training. A strategic emphasis has been developed on health facilities management, improved ability of hard-to-reach populations to access health services alongside national health care services capacity building through training for basic health care staff and health workers.
- Must be a Medical Doctor with post graduate specialization in surgery
- Minimum three years’ experience in General surgery with a recognized national or international Hospital
- Fluent in Dari and Pashto
- Good team work spirit
No. Of Jobs
Years of Experience
based on organization salary scale
please submit a cover letter, CV, 3 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact after a second interview) with the date of availability to email@example.com . The email subject line should include the following:
“Surgeon” Vacancy (MRCA 269).
Failure to do so will result in rejected applications.
Due to the large volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. In an effort to improve the gender balance within the organization, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.