She will be responsible for the running of tailoring workshop and conducting tailoring trainings for beneficiaries and will review and monitor the impact of trainings. She will be responsible for new techniques and designs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and agree work plans for the smooth running of tailoring’s with project office.
2. Undertake the teaching of a class or classes in the subject area, fulfilling any syllabus and accreditation requirements.
3. Train IDPs,/Returnees through market based tailoring products.
4. Teach in a flexible and creative way that reflects accurately the advertised programme and meets the overall requirements of the curriculum offer.
5. Assess students’ learning during the class, give them feedback and correct homework as required.
6. Provide support and advice time to time to tailoring trainees.
7. Implementation of impacted and benefited teaching method.
8. Trying creation of friendly environment with beneficiaries.
9. Assemble garment parts and join parts with basting stitches, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
10. Develop, copy, or adapt designs for garments, and design patterns to fit measurements, applying knowledge of garment design, construction, styling, and fabric.
11. Fit, alter, repair, and make made-to-measure clothing, according to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fit, and applying principles of garment design, construction, and styling.
12. Repair or replace defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, snaps, buttons, and linings.
13. Develop, revise and use teaching materials that derive from a global perspective and that are relevant to a diverse student group.
14. Take responsibility for classroom administration, e.g. take registers and check students’ enrolment status etc.
Have experience of teaching adults in garment construction, tailoring, alterations, hand sewing, machine sewing, and costume design for both men’s and women wear
Have, and be able to confidently and competently teach a specialist subject to a high standard within the field of sewing and clothes making (please outline your specialism for example; men’s tailoring)
Interested and qualified candidates should send his/her updated CV with an application letter to HR Interested and qualified candidates should send his/her updated CV with an application letter to HR. Department of ACHRO main office in Kabul before closing date or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by clearly writing the vacancy # and job title in the subject line. Applications received after closing date will not be considered. Only short listed applicants will be called for interview