|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||Grade (A) NTA Salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||IRC (International Rescue Committee)|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years relevant|
|Contract Duration:||12 Months with possibility of extension|
|Education:||Advanced degree in economics, business, international/rural development or relevant|
|Close date:||17 Jul, 2020|
About IRC (International Rescue Committee) :
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
- Lead the processes of understanding and addressing key labour market barriers to enterprise development and job creation.
- Facilitate the provision of business and technical skills training to job seekers based on the requirements of potential employers in partnership with training service providers and employers.
- Facilitate the provision of tailored skills training to the specific needs of women and other disadvantaged groups (including soft, financial literacy and digital skills).
- Facilitate the provision of business development services to enhance the growth of existing SMEs to create more jobs.
- Link businesses with financial institutions to increase access to client-friendly financial products and services.
- Facilitate the provision of regular coaching and mentoring for new businesses to ensure effective management of their businesses.
- Facilitate access to markets and linkages to private sector opportunities.
- Ensure proper management of project data, documentation of specific good practices and effective reporting to the donor and other key project stakeholders
- Advanced degree from an accredited university in economics, business, international/rural development, peace building, or related field.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience managing economic development and/or peace building programming, with at least five years of experience with work specifically in crisis or conflict-affected contexts is required, preferably in Asia and/or Afghanistan.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to develop relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in Dari and/or Pashto would be an asset
The Subject line of your email must indicate the exact job location, job title. Interested candidates are requested to send their applications & CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department to the following address or email us on (AF-Recruitment@rescue.org). Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for written test and after that for interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul House 34, Street No.4 Taimani District 10, Close to Haji Mohammad Dad Mosque.
- Address Kabul, Afghanistan
- Salary Offers Grade (A) NTA Salary Scale
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10